Summary of recommendations for the Tupelo Public School District's strategic plan from the consulting firm, Kronley and Associates:
1. Inspire learning through rigorous curriculum standards, comprehensive and fair assessments, personalized learning, more effective collection and use of data, more strategic use of technology, and greater concentration on student experience in specific grades.
2. Value and celebrate learning by recognizing students who take and succeed in the most challenging courses, by providing information to families on course offerings, and by employing private incentives to challenging opportunities.
3. Create safe and secure environments for learning.
4. Promote team-building and bolster communications in and between school buildings in the central office.
5. Foster deeper and more collaborative professional learning.
6. Align personnel policies and budgets.
7. Pursue a diverse professional staff.
8. Prepare an annual communications plan that features expanded communications techniques and devices, promotes family involvement and insists on effective responses to community questions and concerns.
9. Encourage greater community engagement through an expanded Association for Excellence in Education and through strengthened interaction with other sectors of Tupelo, including the business and faith communities.
10. Increase positive recognition for TPSD by telling the powerful story of public education in Tupelo, promoting a culture of openness, and increasing outreach in Northeast Mississippi, the state and the nation.