* What: Northeast Mississippi WIN Job Fair
* When: 9 a.m.-2 p.m. Tuesday, Sept. 22
* Where: Crossroads Arena, U.S. 45 at Harper Road exit, Corinth
* For more information: WIN Job Center, (662) 287-3247; Joe Buckner, (601) 321-6154
* What: Resume; writing, interview help and more
* When: 8-10 a.m. or noon-2 p.m. Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday
* Where: WIN Job Center, NEMCC at Corinth, South Harper Road, Corinth
* For more information: WIN Job Center, (662) 287-3247
CORINTH – The Sept. 22 Northeast Mississippi WIN Job Fair in Corinth is likely to be the area’s biggest yet for job seekers because of the region’s rising unemployment rate.
“Currently we have about 40 or so employers signed up,” said Jason Mattox, director of Workforce Investment Act programs at the Corinth WIN Job Center. “We still expect the companies that show up to do some interviewing on site and make some job offers on site.”
That will be good news to many. The annual event, in its fifth year, is scheduled for 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. and in the past has had as many as 800 interviews in a day with as many as 400 on-site job offers.
“I would come dressed as you would for an interview because many of the companies did conduct interviews on site,” Mattox said.
Bring along plenty of copies of your resumampé, as well, Mattox suggests.
If you don’t have a resumampé and need help, or if you need other help to prepare, such as for an interview, Mattox also invites anyone to come to the Corinth WIN Job Center on Harper Road for any type of assistance and preparation they need.
For the long term, the job center offers training to improve skills, as well as adult basic education and GED classes. Some job listings at the job center might hold interest for job hunters as well.
“We definitely want to encourage everyone to come out and take part,” Mattox said. “We only have this job fair once a year, and it’s a good opportunity to get potential employees with potential employers.”
Contact Lena Mitchell at 287-9822 or email@example.com
Lena Mitchell/NEMS Daily Journal