By Parrish Alford/NEMS Daily Journal
- Looking back: Ole Miss rallied to defeat LSU 66-60 on Wednesday, then lost 74-64 at Alabama on Saturday.
- Looking ahead: The Rebels are at home against Auburn on Wednesday, then play at Mississippi State on Saturday afternoon (12:30 p.m.), the first of two straight road games.
- Who’s hot: At Alabama, freshman guard Dundrecous Nelson had 11 points on 3 for 7 shooting, all behind the 3-point line. Nelson’s turnovers have decreased of late. He had one in 19 minutes against the Tide.
- Who’s not: After posting double figures in wins over Kentucky and Arkansas, sophomore forward Reggie Buckner got off fewer shots against LSU and Alabama and managed just 10 points for the week. Buckner played just 21 minutes and fouled out against Alabama, the seventh time he’s fouled out this season.
- RPI watch: The Rebels begin the week with an RPI of 61 according to RealTimeRPI.com.
- Bottom line: Ole Miss had an opportunity to beat a hot team on its hot floor but couldn’t match Alabama’s energy in the first half. A win at Alabama would have been a big pick-up.
- Parrish Alford