By Parrish Alford/NEMS Daily Journal
– Looking back: The Rebels split two games, winning 90-59 at home against Auburn and losing 71-58 at rival Mississippi State.
– Looking ahead: The Rebels play at South Carolina on Tuesday in a 6 p.m., ESPNU telecast and then play at home Saturday at 3 p.m. against Alabama in an SEC Network telecast.
– Who’s hot: Senior guard Zach Graham averaged 21 points on the week, getting 30 against Auburn and 12 against MSU. Graham has hit nine of his last 16 3-point attempts.
– Who’s not: Senior guard Chris Warren, the league’s second-leading scorer (18.2 ppg) has hit only three of his last 18 3-point attempts over the last three games. He was 1 for 8 from behind the arc against MSU.
– RPI watch: The Rebels begin the week with an RPI of 69.
– Bottom line: Ole Miss held slim NCAA tournament at-large hopes before the MSU loss. Now it appears short of winning the SEC tournament will get the Rebels in the big tournament for the first time since 2002. If there’s a postseason to be had, it looks like it would be the NIT for the fourth time in five years.