(PHOTO: Celebrating 20 years of operation on the Tenn-Tom Waterway, Port Itawamba recently held an anniversary event, bringing together representatives from the port’s past and present to honor its pivotal role in the county. Guest speakers for the evening included Congressman Roger Wicker, Representative Jamie Franks, U.S. Army Corps of Engineers representative Harry Stone, Tenn-Tom Development Waterway Councilman Thomas Griffin and ARC representative Scott Hercik, who detailed the importance of the port to the more than 100 guests in attendance. To cap off the event, guest representatives both current and past gathered together and cut a ceremonial ribbon for the 60-ton bridge crane, above, which has been instrumental in the operation of the port. -photo by Adam Armour)
More In Lifestyle
- Boys & Girls Clubs, Britton win big with Cooking Like the Stars
- Back to beginnings: Comics rule entertainment, but what about the books?
- LESLIE CRISS: Christmas can wait until we celebrate Thanksgiving
- ROBERT ST. JOHN: Thinking about Thanksgiving through the years
- Volunteers help beautify Tupelo with daffodils
More In Opinion