At Belmont, the Cardinals (8-0) remained unbeaten, running all over Ripley to win 47-19 in area high school football action Friday.
The Tigers dropped to 1- 8.
Belmont’s Cody Sartain scored on runs of 58 and 6 yards and also scored on a 95-yard kick return.
The Cardinals also got touchdown runs of 31, 35 and 1 yards from Dustin Poole and 20 yards from Jordan Powell.
Sartain finished with 208 yards on 10 carries, Powell with 149 yards on 12 rushes.
Ripley’s Devon Jones scored on runs of 55, 8 and 76 yards.
- IAHS 41, Tishomingo County 28: At Fulton, the Indians (5-4) won for the fourth time in five games.
Maikhail Miller scored on runs of 9, 64, 2 and 19 yards and also passed 9 yards to Austin Shumpert for another score.
- Smithville 34, Coldwater 6: At Smithville, the Seminoles (6-2) led 21-6 at the half and played shut-out defense in the last two quarters.
Antwune Freeman scored on runs of 39 and 54 yards, and Datrune Freeman added a 19-yard touchdown run.
Quarterback Austin Spann threw a 15-yard touchdown pass to Turner Sanderson.
- Oxford 31, Hernando 19: At Oxford, Lamont Dean ran for three touchdowns, including two in the fourth quarter. His 1-yard burst late in the period made the difference for the Chargers (5-3).
Oxford also scored on a 49-yard pass from Guy Billups to Deshaun McNeal.
- TCPS 20, Coffeeville 7: At TCPS, Will Cockrell had 231 yards passing and threw touchdown passes to three different receivers, 8 yards to Jager Livingston, 31 yars to Clint McGraw and 16 yards to Dallas Finley.
The Eagles (5-3) trailed 7-6 at halftime but played shutout ball in the second half. Coffeeville dropped to 3-5.
- Lafayette 35, Millington, Tenn. 6: At Millington, Lafayette (8-0) remained unbeaten as quarterback Jeremy Liggins threw four touchdown passes to Anfernee Gooch and ran for a fifth TD.
Liggins’ scoring passes covered 59, 9, 55 and 49 yards. His touchdown run covered 1 yard.
- Water Valley 38, South Pontotoc 14: At Water Valley, the Blue Devils (7-2, 2-1) led 21-0 at the break as Torrey Horton scored on runs of 6 and 2 yards, and Desmond Hervey had a 70-yard punt return.
South Pontotoc (4-5, 2-1) got touchdowns from Deonte Dillworth on a 30-yard run, and Wesley Barefield on a 5-yard run.
- East Webster 36, Hamilton 0: At Hamilton, East Webster improved to 9-0 as Tamarcus Bell ran for 87 yards and a touchdown on 11 carries, and Demetrious O’Bryant added 93 yards and a touchdown on four carries.
Hamilton dropped to 3-6.
- Calhoun City 27, Hatley 13: At Hatley, Calhoun City (9-0) rallied from a 13-point deficit with 27 straight points.
J.R. Jennings threw touchdown passes of 43 yards to Aaron Thompson, 11 yards to Tavion Primer and 6 yards to Avery Hill. Jennings also scored on a 1-yard run. Hatley dropped to 5-4.
- Falkner 59, Thrasher 35: At Thrasher, Falkner (3-5) jumped out to a 26-6 lead in the first quarter.
The Eagles were led by Wil Robertson, who rushed for 268 yards and five touchdowns. Cameron Russell added 174 rushing yards and three touchdowns. Thrasher dropped to 1-6.
- Booneville 38, Kossuth 13: Booneville outscored Kossuth 17-3 in the second half to pull away with a 25-point win.
Brandon Pannell scored three touchdowns for the Blue Devils on runs of 56, 52 and 4 yards. Tre Welch also had a 90-yard kickoff return for Booneville. The Blue Devils improved to 5-3 on the season and have won three in a row after losing three of their first four.
- Corinth 24, Alcorn Central 13: Corinth used a pair of big plays in the first quarter to jump out to a 14-0 lead and never looked back. Lew Johnson had a hand in both scores, running for 53 and connecting on a 57-yarder to Rodrick Gaines to lead Corinth (3-5) over winless Alcorn Central (0-9).
- West Point 28, Lake Cormorant 27: West Point survived a scare by holding strong on a 2-point conversion in the fourth quarter to preserve the win. After being tied at halftime at 14, the Green Wave (7-1, 4-0 in Division 1-5A) went ahead 28-21 going into the final quarter of play on a 31-yard run by Tez Pulliam.
NEMS Daily Journal