Friday, July 3
- FOURTH ON THE THIRD: 5-9 p.m., downtown Amory. Parade at 5:30 p.m.; patriotic program at 6 p.m.; kids’ games from 6:30-7:30 p.m.; and Gents concert at 7:30 p.m. There will be food vendors and prize drawings. Bring lawn chairs. Call (662) 256-8700.
- FRIDAY NIGHT FIREWORKS: 5-9 p.m., Itawamba Community College practice field, Fulton. Events include a “best pie” contest at 6 p.m., watermelon eating contest at 6:30 p.m. and a greased pig competition at 7:30 p.m. There will be a variety of music, and the fireworks display will start at 8:45 p.m.
- DANCE IN OXFORD: 7-9 p.m., Street Dance on the Square, featuring Soule, in front of Oxford City Hall; 8 p.m. to midnight – Firecracker Ball at the Lyric in Oxford, featuring The Bouffants. (662) 232-2777.
Saturday, July 4
- ALL AMERICA BEACH PARTY IN THE PARK: 4:30 to 10 p.m., Ballard Park, Tupelo. Event will include food vendors, inflatable water slide, skate demonstration and a sandpit for kids. Musicians include Stone Lizard, John Milstead and Margarita Beach. The Tupelo Symphony Orchestra will perform at 8:30 p.m., and fireworks will be at 9:30 p.m. Bring lawn chairs. Free admission. (662) 841-6440.
- 4 ON 4 SAND VOLLEYBALL TOURNAMENT: Ballard Park, Tupelo. Part of the July 4 All-America Beach Party in the Park. $60 per team. (662) 841-6440.
- TUPELO NEIGHBORHOOD PARADE: 10 a.m., July 4. The parade will be at the corner of Jackson and Madison streets, Tupelo. Bikes, trikes, strollers, walkers and watchers are welcome. (662) 372-0207.
- JACINTO FESTIVAL: July 4, Jacinto Courthouse. Arts and crafts, Indian dancers, bluegrass and gospel music, antique car show, food booths, inflatables, Country Store, political speaking. (662) 286-8662.
- BREWER COMMUNITY PARADE: 9 a.m. July 4. Participants will gather at 8:30 a.m. at Brewer United Methodist Church. (662) 767-9707.
- DULCIMER MUSIC: A special free program from the North Mississippi Dulcimer Association, 10 a.m.-1 p.m. (662) 680-4027.
- PARADE: Carr-Vista parade, 10:30 a.m. in Carr-Vista neighborhood outside of Verona.
- OXFORD DOINGS: “A Greener L-O-U Red, White and Blue” daylong celebration in Oxford, with 5K and family fun run, 8 a.m., parade on the Square, 10 am., picnic in the Grove, 4 p.m., ceremony and concert, 6 p.m., fireworks over Vaught-Hemingway Stadium, nightfall.
- PLANTERSVILLE EVENTS: 6:30 p.m., July 4, parade from Poplar and Old Planters Road to Grant Wuichet Park. Concessions available, but guests are welcome to bring lawn chairs, blankets and picnics. Fireworks at 8:45 p.m. Call (662) 844-2012.
NEMS Daily Journal