PEARL – The Mississippi Emergency Management Agency has received a report of one death and storm damage in 19 counties as a result of the severe weather that moved through the state Thursday, according to a press release.
The death occurred in Forrest County when a tree fell on a vehicle.
Several counties in Northeast Mississippi experienced varying kinds and amounts of damage, according to MEMA:
• Chickasaw: Damage to a home. Power outages.
• Itawamba: Damage to a couple of homes and businesses.
• Lee: Damage to a few homes. Trees down and power outages.
• Monroe: Trees down.
• Pontotoc: Damage to a few homes. Power outages and trees down.
• Tishomingo: Damage to a home. Power outages and trees down.
• Webster: Trees down.
Damage assessments are ongoing. Damage report updates will be released as they become available.