More In Lifestyle
- House of the Lord: Architects reflect on challenges in building worship spaces
- Tree house: Tupelo man fills home with long-collected ornaments
- STEPHEN THOMPSON: A 52-week challenge to help organize your home
- MASTER GARDENER: Colors of Christmas: Amaryllis, poinsettias and paper whites
- GARY BACHMAN: Cassia provides blooms as temperatures drop
More In Opinion
SHANNON – A Shannon woman was arrested on embezzlement charges last week after officers worked with police departments in California and Florida to track down the suspect.
Veronica Rice, 48, of Shannon, was charged with embezzlement after the Shannon police received reports from the Vacaville Police Department Rice was allegedly selling advertisements for a false book under a pseudonym.
Similar reports came out of Melbourne Florida.
Rice was charged May 22 after evidence of the embezzlement was allegedly found in her Shannon residence along with drugs.
Shannon Police Chief Desiree Kirshner said all of the alleged embezzlement charges appear to have been with out of state companies at this time, going back at least three years.
Rice’s bond was set at $300,000 in the Lee County Justice Court.