More In Lifestyle
- Boys & Girls Clubs, Britton win big with Cooking Like the Stars
- Back to beginnings: Comics rule entertainment, but what about the books?
- LESLIE CRISS: Christmas can wait until we celebrate Thanksgiving
- ROBERT ST. JOHN: Thinking about Thanksgiving through the years
- Volunteers help beautify Tupelo with daffodils
More In Opinion
SHANNON – A Shannon woman was arrested on embezzlement charges last week after officers worked with police departments in California and Florida to track down the suspect.
Veronica Rice, 48, of Shannon, was charged with embezzlement after the Shannon police received reports from the Vacaville Police Department Rice was allegedly selling advertisements for a false book under a pseudonym.
Similar reports came out of Melbourne Florida.
Rice was charged May 22 after evidence of the embezzlement was allegedly found in her Shannon residence along with drugs.
Shannon Police Chief Desiree Kirshner said all of the alleged embezzlement charges appear to have been with out of state companies at this time, going back at least three years.
Rice’s bond was set at $300,000 in the Lee County Justice Court.