Thursday, April 30
* The Carolina RCDC will sponsor a Bunko Party at 6:30 p.m. at the Carolina Community Center. The entry fee will be $10 which also includes a meal. You may pre-register by calling the following, Patti Powell at 963-3108, Kaye Gray at 963-2716, Sandra Cox at 963-2995 or Wanda Wiygul at 963-2872. All proceeds go to the Carolina Community Center.
Friday, May 1
* Preschool storytime will be held at the Itawamba County Pratt Memorial Library at 10 a.m.
* Nick Nichols will be singing country music at the Fawn Grove Fish and Steak Restaurant, from 6 until 8 p.m. The restaurant is located at the Fawn Grove Dorsey Exit.
* Mr. G and Friends will be at the Oasis Restaurant in Amory performing acoustic rock and light jazz from 7 p.m. until. For more information, call 662-256-7118.
* Tombigbee Jamboree guests include various performers. The show starts at 7:00 p.m. Admission is $3 per person or $5 per couple. Concessions available. The Jamboree is located at 704 Access Rd. in Fulton. For more information, call 862-7700.
Saturday, May 2
* Friendship United Methodist Church will host Kid’s Day for ages 4 through 12 from 10 a.m. until 2 p.m. Bring your Easter Basket. The church is located at 4305 Peppertown Rd.
* The Pilot Club of Houston Community will have a 2009 Mom’s Cuties amp& Beauties at the Mantachie High School Gym. Registration will be from 4:30 until 5:30 p.m. Pageant begins at 6 p.m. You may register at the pageant or mail entries to: Dorothy Thomas, 25 Forks S. Rd., Marietta, MS 38856. For more information, call Dorothy Thomas at 365-5514 or Donna Wilburn at 365-8127.
* The Wilson Family Reunion will be from 10:30 a.m. until 2 p.m. at the Woodmen of The World building at Peppertown. Bring a basket lunch.
* Go Kart Races will be held at the Raceway in Mantachie every 1st and 3rd Saturday night at Cates Kart Raceway, 1 1/2 miles south from intersection on Hwy. 363. Gate open at 3 p.m., race begins at 6:30 p.m. For more information call 282-4402.
* Tombigbee Jamboree will be held every 1st and 3rd Saturday. Guests include Jack P. Hammer amp& Gung Ho. The show starts at 7 p.m. Admission is $3 per person or $5 per couple. Concessions available. The Jamboree is located at 704 Access Rd. in Fulton. For more information, call 662-401-7017.
Sunday, May 3
* Walnut Grove Baptist Church will hold a spring revival through May 6 with Bro. Grover Laird as the guest speaker. Services will begin at 7 p.m. each night. For more information, call 652-3703. The church is located on Hwy. 25 South across from The Meadows. Pastor James Wilson and church family invites everyone to attend.
Monday, May 4
* Ratliff RCDC will meet at 7 p.m. at the Ratliff community center. Everyone is invited to come and enjoy a potluck supper before the meeting.
* Senior Adult Appreciation Day will be held from 11 a.m. until 2 p. m.at the Woodmen of The World building at Peppertown. Lunch will be served. Phillip Bailey will be the guest speaker. Call 862-2739 if you plan to attend. All Itawamba senior adults are invited to attend.
* Mt. Pleasant United Methodist Church in Tremont will host Jennifer Stockstill and friends for a benefit concert at 7 p.m. Friday, May 8. The concert will benefit the adoption efforts of Jennifer, who is a teacher at Tremont High School, and her husband, Eugene, who is the senior minister, for the Tremont United Methodist Charge. Copies of Jennifer’s CD, I See, will be sold. The concert will also feature a group of students from Tremont High School; Eddie Moore, Tremont High’s principal and Michael Cates, Tremont High’s assistant principal, as well as other musicians. A dessert social will follow the concert. For more information, call 652-3562.
* 15th Annual Itawamba Senior Citizen’s Day will be held on Thursday, May 14 at 9 a.m. at the ICC Fitness Center Gym. (Behind Davis Event Center). Entertainment will be by Kay Bain. There will also be health screenings, bingo, dominoes, lunch and prizes. Everything is free. For more information, call 862-3201.