The following reports were filed Thursday with the Tupelo police and the Lee County sheriff’s departments.
– An employee of VF Factory Outlet on Eason Boulevard reported the shoplifting of a Healthiex shirt, a pair of shorts and four pairs of socks. A suspect was caught.
– A Tupelo police officer reported responding to a house at 1110 Marquette St. where an electrician had died. The death has been ruled the result of natural causes.
– An employee of Custom Glass on Air Park Road reported the theft of about 500 pounds of scrap aluminum.
– An employee of Carrozza Furniture on South Thomas Street reported the embezzlement of $2,594 in cash.
– An employee of Carrozza Furniture reported the embezzlement of more than $5,000 in checks and $1,400 in cash.
– A Nettleton resident reported being assaulted by an acquaintance while she was parked at an Eason Boulevard gas station.
– An employee of Gardner-Watson Inc. on Rankin Boulevard Extended reported the theft of a drill hammer.
– A Mantachie resident reported her 1991 Chevrolet Blazer was scratched on the front fender on May 7 while it was parked at her South Church Street workplace.
– A Maynard Street resident a break-in. Nothing was reported missing.
– A Maynard Street resident reported the theft of cash from a home safe.
– A Columbus resident reported an auto burglary and the theft of a pair of Nike shoes, a book bag and a Burger King uniform. The door lock on his car was also damaged and would not operate properly.
– A Mooreville resident reported a break-in. Nothing was reported missing.
– A Route 4, Tupelo, resident reported someone has been using his Social Security number to take out personal loans from finance companies.
– A Drive 45 resident reported being harassed.
– A Mooreville resident reported the theft of a two-person boat and a motor.
– A County Road 821 resident reported a disturbance.
– A Red Hill resident reported he and another person were fighting in the parking lot of a furniture manufacturing plant in Saltillo. One of those involved in the fight had a broken leg.
– A County Road 1205 resident reported a break-in.
Anyone with information on any of these crimes is urged to call 911, the Tupelo Police Department at 841-6491, the Lee County Sheriff’s Department at 841-9041, or Crime Stoppers at 1-800-773-TIPS.