The following reports were filed Tuesday with the Tupelo police and the Lee County sheriff’s departments.
– An Eckford Street resident reported the theft of a Tech 9 handgun with a loaded 30-round clip.
– A Tupelo police officer reported finding a crack pipe in a female inmate’s clothing. The item was found while the woman was changing from street clothes into her jail uniform.
– An employee of Belden Welding and Radiator Shop on Endville Road reported a break-in and the theft of an assortment of hand tools, a microwave oven, a vest and a bank bag.
– A Herring Circle resident reported a man was hitting her sister in her home.
– A Blue Springs resident reported the theft of a bank card. The suspect spent about $900 on the card.
– A Harrison Street resident reported someone smashed in her mailbox with some sort of large object.
– A Harrison Street resident reported someone smashed the side of her mailbox with some sort of large object.
– A Rasberry Street resident reported being involved in an accident in the parking lot at a West Jackson Street gas station.
– A Baldwyn resident reported receiving harassing phone calls at her Tupelo job.
– An employee of Super D Discount Drugs on West Main Street reported the shoplifting of a bottle of acne medication.
– An employee of Sears in the Mall at Barnes Crossing reported the theft of a Trader Bay shirt.
– A Roosevelt Street resident reported her neighbor became very irate and irritated when her children’s ball bounced into his yard.
– An employee of Super Sav-On-Drugs on Garfield Street reported a customer left the business at a high rate of speed, hitting a garbage dumpster. The woman became angry after a worker at the store refused to let her exchanged an open bottle of medicine.
– A Roger Lane resident reported a male acquaintance pushed her to the ground and threatened her. He wanted his gold chain he said she had.
– An employee of Delta Telepage on West Main Street reported being threatened by a customer.
– A North Church Street resident reported the theft of a lawn mower.
– A Route 7, Tupelo, resident reported someone backed into his car while it was parked on the east side of Lawhon School and damaged it.
– An Eckford Street resident reported the theft of a 1984 Chevrolet car.
– A Kimbrough Avenue resident reported someone broke out the window on her car.
– A Tupelo police officer reported making a crack cocaine arrest on North Spring Street.
– A Beasley Street, Tupelo, resident reported hearing gunshots while walking along a field behind a Green Tee Road grocery store.
– A County Road 54 resident reported her husband, who came home drinking, struck her on the left side of her face with his fist.
Anyone with information on any of these crimes is urged to call 911, the Tupelo Police Department at 841-6491, the Lee County Sheriff’s Department at 841-9041, or Crime Stoppers at 1-800-773-TIPS.