Transformer blows at Lawhon, no one hurt

By NEMS Daily Journal

TUPELO – Students at Lawhon Elementary School were evacuated on Friday afternoon after a transformer blew in the school’s cafeteria.
No one was hurt, and the building was not damaged, although there were intermittent power outages.
Crews from the Tupelo Fire Department and from the city’s water and light department responded.
Students were sent to the school’s auditorium and to a church across the street, according to the school’s evacuation plan.
When they returned, it was time for dismissal.
School will be as normal on Monday.

Click video to hear audio