By NEMS Daily Journal
TUPELO – The Tupelo Convention and Visitors Bureau is taking applications for its first tourism leadership program, which kicks off in December.
The free program is a six-month initiative to increase awareness of the tourism industry. It is open to people working in Tupelo’s hospitality industry, with an emphasis on front-line employees in the restaurant, lodging and retail sectors.
The applications are available at the CVB or online at www.Tupelo.net. The deadline is Nov. 21. Applicants will be notified Nov. 28 if they have been accepted into the program.
The program’s tentative schedule is:
* Dec. 14 – Introduction.
* Jan. 11 – CVB overview/Tupelo familiarization tour.
* Feb. 8 – customer service training.
* March 7 – The power of social media.
* April 11 – Public relations/media round table.
* May 8 – National Tourism Day and program graduation.
For more information, contact the CVB at (800) 533-0611.