TUPELO – Lee County authorities are investigating whether a Tupelo man swas killed by electric shock Thursday or died of natural causes.
Louis “Junior” Cockrell Jr., 38, 903 Stewart St., was pronounced dead about 1:15 p.m. Thursday at North Mississippi Medical Center.
Lee County Medical Examiner Roy Barnett said Cockrell’s body is being sent to Jackson for an autopsy to determine the exact cause of death. The report is expected back late today, Barnett said.
Cockrell, who is an electrician, was installing an air-conditioning unit when the incident occurred.
More details about the incident are expected to be released today.