By Dennis Seid/NEMS Daily Journal
The Federal Aviation Administration has awarded a $544,079 grant to Tupelo Regional Airport to help pay for its runway extension the Biz Buzz blog reports.
Here are highlights from the press release from the FAA, via Sen. Thad Cochran’s office:
• This grant will provide federal funding for the Tupelo Regional Airport in Mississippi.
• This project provides funds to design a runway extension. The runway extension will allow the run· way to meet the operational needs of the airport.
• This grant will provide funds to conduct a Wildlife Hazard Assessment to identify the wildlife species observed and assess their numbers, locations, local movement and daily/seasonal activities.
• Tupelo Regional Airport is a nonhub primary airport associated with Tupelo, Mississippi.
• Following this grant announcement, FAA will notify the sponsor of the allocation. A grant offer will be issued subsequently for this grant as finally formulated.