By Adam Armour/The Itawamba County Times
A Fairview-area house fire this weekend resulted in the death of a Fulton resident.
Mary Wooten, 59, of 315 Carson Williams Road was pronounced dead after suffering smoke inhalation from a fire in her home. Also injured was Wooten’s mother, Mildred Moore, 87, who was transported to the Red Bay Hospital after suffering second degree burns.
Moore said she awakened to the sound of fire alarms and went to her daughters bedroom. When she opened the door, the room was filled with smoke and flame.