UPDATE: Smoke inhalation ruled as cause of death in Aberdeen fire

ABERDEEN – An autopsy report shows that Larry James Rogers died of smoke inhalation when his home caught fire Thursday morning.
The 52-year-old Rogers died Thursday morning when his home on 403 Hardy Street in Aberdeen caught fire. Aberdeen firemen responded at 12:15 a.m.
Even though the cause of death has been identified, Monroe County Coroner Alan Gurley said he has not ruled the manner of death because it’s pending investigation.
“I am waiting on the fire scene report from the State Fire Marshall’s Office before I can make that determination,” explained Gurley.

NEMS Daily Journal

Click video to hear audio