Daily Journal Reports
Ten Northeast Mississippi students, headed for college this fall, are among the year's final National Merit scholarship winners, the corporation announced today.
These awards are financed by colleges and universities.
Winners in the region are:
– Chelsea L. Lindley of New Albany High School, who says her probable career field is in biomedical engineering – Mississippi State University Merit Scholarship
– James K. McGraw, Oxford High, engineering – University of Mississippi
– Matthew J. Mistilis, Oxford High, chemical engineering – Ole Miss
– Erin K. Newman, Starkville High, oncology – MSU
– Hannah G. Spirrison, Starkville High, international business – Rhodes College
– Wade M. Spurlock, Starkville High, aerospace engineering – MSU
– David R. Brinton, Tupelo High, biomedical engineering – MSU
– Daniel P. Hester, Tupelo High, international relations – Ole Miss
– Johnny F. Miles, Tupelo High, graphic design – Ole Miss
– Kamal P. Patel, Tupelo High, biomedical engineering – MSU