The Wikipedia description of the story of Alice in Wonderland uses phrases and words such as “plays with logic,” “nonsense,” and “fantasy.” But it could just as well be a description of the story of Barack in Washington.
Here are but a few points to illustrate:
– The governor of Arizona, Jan Brewer, had to find out through Ecuadorian television that the Obama administration was going after her state over the recent law giving police the right to ask someone engaged in criminal activity to provide proof of citizenship. Secretary of State Hillary Clinton announced it on a trip to the Central American country where, as we all know, many high ranking American officials go to break news about high profile domestic issues back home in the states.
– As you may have heard, Attorney General Eric Holder was presented a video (seen by the world on the Fox News Channel) of two Black Panthers with billy clubs in hand physically threatening a white voter in front of a polling place in Philadelphia on election night 2008. His justice said they would not prosecute. I wonder, if the video had been of KKK voter intimidation of African-American voters, would Holder have had the same view?
– The Obama White House offered two congressional candidates jobs if they would not run against other Democrats in Pennsylvania and Colorado. This is against federal law because it is political interference into campaigns with the purpose of manipulating an outcome. Holder will not investigate or appoint an independent councel to investigate because he has to cover for his boss.
– Israel is intentionally provoked by a flotilla of ships that left from Turkey trying to break its blockade of Gaza. Israeli commandos boarded one ship and were attacked with knives and metal bars. One commando was picked up and thrown 30 feet from one deck to another. Most was caught on tape. Instead of calling Prime Minister Benjamin Natanyahu to offer his support for our long-standing ally and issuing a public statement to that effect – Obama calls the Turkish president expressing his condolences. Why didn’t President Obama call the Turkish president and ask what the heck he was doing allowing ships to leave his docks with the sole intent of creating a confrontation with Israel?
– In his Father’s Day proclamation, Obama makes note that families can come in the form of “two fathers.” Two fathers? It is impossible to have two fathers. You can have a man raising a child who also has a homosexual lover in the home, which is what Obama is lauding, but you cannot have two fathers.
– His secretary of Labor, Hilda Solis, has produced with federal government money a television advertisement appealing to workers who are in America illegally to report to the Department of Labor if they don’t feel like they are being paid fair wages. She even gives illegal workers an 800 number to call.
– The seven experts who advised Obama on how to deal with offshore drilling safety after the Deepwater Horizon explosion are accusing his administration of misrepresenting their views to make it appear that they supported a six-month drilling moratorium – something they actually oppose.
– Obama White House communications director Anita Dunn cited Chinese Communist dictator Mao Tse Tung – responsible for the murder of millions of people – as one of her “favorite political philosophers.”
– Fired General Stanley McChrystal said Obama spoke to him once in the first 70 days he was commander of our troops in Afghanistan. The commander in chief spoke to the commander of U.S. troops one time in 70 days?
– It was nearly two months into the Gulf oil spill crisis before Obama decided to personally speak with BP CEO Tony Hayward.
– Obama said about our country recently: “…whether we like it not, we remain a dominant military superpower…” Here the leader of the free world is suggesting that America’s military might being a good thing is up for debate. What?
– Obama ceases National Day of Prayer ceremonies at the White House but invites gay activists to the White House and declares, “I want to be your champion.”
– Obama is trying to force open homosexuality on the military with no regard for our heterosexual troops who often have to shower and bunk together.
– Obama rammed through a federal government takeover of the health care industry against the will of the American people.
The inmates are running the asylum, folks. The American people elected a far-left ideologue who has never so much as managed a lemonade stand, and who only halfway knows what he is doing, to be the president of the United States.
God, help us.
Tim Wildmon, a resident of Baldwyn, writes as a community columnist. He is president of the American Family Association, but his columns are his opinions alone unless otherwise noted. Contact him at email@example.com.