A few tidbits from Tuesday's practice …
- A storm blew through about the start of practice, and the event was moved indoors. That made Alabama fan music, booming from four massive speakers, even louder as the Rebels prepare for the sounds of Bryant-Denny Stadium.
- Strong safety Johnny Brown was dressed and going through the workout. Center A.J. Hawkins was not dressed, and indications at this point are that freshman Evan Swindall will start at center against Alabama. If a situation evolved that required a backup behind Swindall that would likely be left tackle Bradley Sowell with his backup, Emmanuel McCray, moving into the lineup.
- The Concussion 3 were all dressed and going through drills, though cornerbacks Marcus Temple and Charles Sawyer were observed in half-dress before they were instructed by coordinator Tyrone Nix to put on the full gear. The third in that group is Brishen Matthews.
- The depth chart for the secondary looked like this in stretch: Temple and Sawyer at one corner, Jeremy McGee and Frank Crawford at the other, Brown and Damien Jackson at strong safety, Fon Ingram and Matthews at free safety.
- LaMark Armour was running first team at right defensive end, Wayne Dorsey second and Cameron Whigham third. Armour should help against the run.