Deadline: Entries must be postmarked by June 12, 2009
The Johnny Cash Flower Pickin’ Festival “pardon committee” requests submissions for the 2009 poster design competition.
Designs will be judged by a panel of artists and professionals. The poster will be distributed locally and regionally to promote the festival, and may be used for the design for festival T-shirts.
Artwork should include the following:
* A reference to Johnny Cash and Starkville, Mississippi
* Festival dates: October 16-18, 2009
The artist of the winning design will receive $300 and three posters signed by the event’s headliners. All submissions become property of the Johnny Cash Flower Pickin’ Festival. Multiple submissions are allowed.
* Submit a hard copy of artwork sized proportional 16” x 20”. Artwork should be full-color and in any medium.
* Submit a PDF of the artwork on a CD marked with the applicant’s name.
* Include contact information including an e-mail address, mailing address and phone number.
* Entry fee: Student fee: $5 per entry (must include a photocopy of current student ID to be accepted). Professional fee: $20 per entry.
You can view previous winning entries at the festival shop located at pardonjohnnycash.com.
Submission packet contents should be properly packaged and shipped to:
Johnny Cash Flower Pickin’ Festival
PO Box 6284
Mississippi State, MS 39762
For more information: