OXFORD – An NCAA probe into Ole Miss defensive end C.J. Johnson is no longer active, Ole Miss AD Ross Bjork said in a prepared statement Wednesday.
“We fully participated with the NCAA in exploring the item related to C.J. Johnson, and no wrongdoing was found,” Bjork said. “The NCAA and our staff are no longer pursuing this matter, and we are unable to discuss specifics.”
Johnson was the state’s top recruit in 2011 and was the subject of an intense recruiting battle between Mississippi State and Ole Miss.
He led the Rebels with 6.5 sacks last year and had 55 tackles, eight for losses.
In the Rebels’ first week of camp he has slowly been working his way back from a broken leg suffered during spring drills.
Ole Miss welcomed one player, offensive tackle Pierce Burton, back from the injury list Wednesday morning and added two more to it.
Defensive end Cameron Whigham and freshman running back Kailo Moore both sustained hits to the head and will go through standard concussion tests.
The Rebels practiced a second time Wednesday evening. The workout was not open for media viewing.