WGRZ, which covers Western New York, reports that Ole Miss foundation head Danny White is about to be named athletics director at Buffalo. In his role with the foundation White has been at the front of fund-raising efforts in the on-going capital campaign to build a new basketball arena and renovate the north end zone of Vaught-Hemingway Stadium. New Ole Miss AD Ross Bjork has a great deal of fund-raising experience. White was a candidate for the Ole Miss job when Bjork was hired.
More In Opinion
- OUR OPINION: Tupelo children await help of intervention staff
- BOBBY HARRISON: Gunn strengthens control over House Republicans
- MARTY RUSSELL: Insane money colors views about pro ball
- OUR OPINION: Special-needs debate requires broader views
- CHARLIE MITCHELL: Secrecy supposed to benefit people, not shield officials