And other notes. …
Click here to check out one man’s opinion on how the SEC ranks among the major conferences.
Ole Miss v. UCF, 7 p.m., Tad Smith Coliseum
- No TV for this one, so you’ll have to choose between this game and the Orange Bowl matchup of Iowa vs. Georgia Tech.
- Chris Warren, a finalist for the nation’s top point guard award, needs eight points to reach 1,000 for his Ole Miss career. That’s especially noteworthy because Warren has done it in what would equate to about two seasons. It was just a little more than a year ago that he tore up a knee and ended his sophomore season.
- Warren, a 17.1 ppg, is fifth in the SEC in scoring. Terrico White, at 17.0 ppg, is sixth. Warrne is third in 3-pointers made per game at 2.9.
- Murphy Holloway is second in the SEC in field goal percentage at 63.8.
- Interesting recent score. Vanderbilt 82, Southern Miss 46. Southern gave the Rebels all they could handle in an 81-79 Ole Miss win on Dec. 5. Both games were in the SEC gym.
- Tonight, UCF will start a freshman, a redshirt freshman, two sophomores and one junior.
- The Golden Knights are 8-5 and go 6-6, 6-8 and 6-9 across their frontcourt.
- UCF is 0-3 against the Big East (Notre Dame, South Florida, UConn) but 1-0 against the SEC (84-74 over Auburn, neutral court).
- UCF guard Isaac Sosa leads the team in scoring with 12.1 points a game and averages 2.6 3-pointers a game.
- Ole Miss players Warren and DeAundre Cranston are Orlando natives.
- Ole Miss has won its only two previous meetings against UCF, 78-46 last year in Oxford and 76-67 two years ago in Orlando. Guard David Huertas had 24 points in last year’s game.