– Where: Cowboys Stadium, Arlington, Texas
– Kickoff: 1 p.m.
– Television: Fox
– Radio: Ole Miss network and Westwood One affiliates.
– Records: Ole Miss 8-4, 4-4 SEC West; OSU 9-3, 6-2 Big 12 South
– Rankings: Oklahoma State is No. 21, Ole Miss is unranked
– Series: Ole Miss leads 1-0.
– Coaches – OSU: Mike Gundy 36-26 (Fifth season overall and at OSU); Ole Miss Houston Nutt 128-78 (17th year), 17-9 in second seasons at Ole Miss.
– Statistical leaders – OSU: QB Zac Robinson167-270-8 INT, 1,966 yards, 15 TDs passing; RB Keith Toston 217-1,177 11 TDs rushing; WR Hubert Anyiam 41-499 3 TDs receiving; LB Donald Booker 86 tackles. 8 TFL. Ole Miss: QB Jevan Snead 178-328 17 INT, 2,464 yards, 20 TDs passing; RB Dexter McCluster 147-985 6 TDs rushing; WR Shay Hodge 63-1,023 8 TDs receiving; FS Kendrick Lewis 80 tackles, 9 PBU.
Trends: Only previous meeting between the two teams was Ole Miss’ 31-28 Cotton Bowl win following the 2003 season. … Oklahoma State blew an early lead and lost 42-31 last year to Oregon on the Holiday Bowl. … Ole Miss rallied from an early deficit and defeated Texas Tech 47-34 in the Cotton Bowl.
– Notes: Head coach Mike Gundy is OSU’s career passing leader. … The OSU coaching staff includes Mississippi connections with Gunter Brewer, the son of former Ole Miss coach Billy Brewer, running backs coach Robert Gillespie, a Hattiesburg native who played at Florida, and Joe Wickline, the OL coach who held the same position at Ole Miss. … OSU is 20-36-1 against the SEC, 15-26-1 against Arkansas. The Cowboys have never played Auburn, Kentucky or Vanderbilt.
– Summing it up: “We did a good job during the season of not letting a prior loss affect the next week. If anything we took it and saw that we have a lot to do to get better. We want to take all we can from that game and focus on improving and not letting it happen again..” – Ole Miss QB Jevan Snead on the impact of the MSU loss in preparing for the Cotton Bowl
Prediction: Ole Miss 31, Oklahoma State 28
What do you think the score will be? Tell us with a comment below.
Parrish Alford/ NEMS Daily Journal