1. Tupelo (6A) 13-1: Lady Wave’s lone loss was Jan. 4 to Class 5A power New Hope.
Coming up: host Hernando, today; at Aberdeen, Saturday; at South Panola, Tuesday.
2. Pontotoc (4A) 13-2: Lady Warriors tough to beat when they’re pressing and sinking 3-pointers.
Coming up: host Mooreville, today; at Shannon, Tuesday.
3. New Site (2A) 10-5: Lady Royals have played a beefed-up schedule that included 6A power Horn Lake and two Florida teams.
Coming up: at Oxford, today; Prentiss County Tournament, Jan. 17-18.
4. Shannon (4A) 10-3: The Lady Red Raiders have a win against Itawamba AHS.
Coming up: host Pontotoc, Friday; host Lee County Tournament, Jan. 16-17.
5. Itawamba AHS (4A) 12-2: Sisters Kim and Tori Mallory averaging a combined 28 points per game.
Coming up: at Tishomingo County, today; at Hamilton, Saturday, at Columbus, Tuesday.
6. Ripley (4A) 12-3: First-year coach Cliff Orman has kept Lady Tigers on winning track.
Coming up: at Tippah County Tournament, today, Saturday; host Lafayette, Tuesday.
7. Baldwyn (2A) 11-2: Junior guard Timya Stewart averaging 17 points for Lady Bearcats.
Coming up: at East Union, today; Hickory Flat Classic against Hickory Flat, Saturday; host Hatley, Tuesday.
8. Pine Grove (1A) 12-4: Former Ripley coach Katie Bates having success in first year at alma mater.
Coming up: at Tippah County Tournament, today, Saturday; at Tremont, Tuesday.
9. Kossuth (3A) 14-2: Lady Aggies beat Lafayette by 19 points in recent tournament.
Coming up: at Alcorn County Tournament, today, Saturday; at Mooreville, Tuesday.
10. New Albany (4A) 11-3: There’s no way to replace Jazmine Spears and her huge numbers.
Coming up: at Lafayette, today; at Rosa Fort, Tuesday.
1. West Point (5A) 14-2: Two losses have come against 6A contender Starkville and 5A favorite Provine.
Coming up: hosts Aberdeen, today; host Columbus, Saturday; at Louisville, Tuesday.
2. Biggersville (1A) 12-1: Defending champs’ one loss against Tupelo. Lions have beaten No. 4 Corinth, with a possible rematch in Saturday’s Alcorn County Tournament finals.
Coming up: Alcorn County Tournament, this weekend; host Wheeler, Tuesday.
3. Aberdeen (3A) 9-4: Under first-year coach Cornelius Gilleylen, Bulldogs have won four straight, with losses against contenders Biggersville, West Point, Shannon and Meridian.
Coming up: at West Point, today; hosts Tupelo, Saturday.
4. Corinth (4A) 13-2: Balanced Warriors trying for fourth straight Class 4A state finals appearance. Lost to Jackson (Tenn.) South Side, ranked No. 3 in Class AA Tennessee AP poll.
Coming up: Alcorn County Tournament, this weekend; host Amory, Tuesday.
5. Baldwyn (2A) 13-1: Bearcats’ lone loss came to Alabama’s overall No. 1 team Lee-Huntsville. Will close January with games at No. 3 Aberdeen and No. 4 Corinth.
Coming up: host East Union, today; at Hickory Flat, Saturday; host Hatley, Tuesday.
6. Shannon (4A) 10-4: Wins over 6A DeSoto Central, No. 3 Aberdeen and No. 8 North Pontotoc.
Coming up: at Amory, today; host Pontotoc, Tuesday.
7. Calhoun City (2A) 9-4: Wildcats have lost one game – Grenada – since the return of football players. Six-foot-1 freshman Ladavius Drain scored 28 points in Tuesday’s win at Eupora.
Coming up: at Vardaman, today; at Houston, Saturday; at Coffeeville, Tuesday.
8. North Pontotoc (4A) 9-6: Vikings have lost 3 of 5, to No. 2 Biggersville, No. 7 Calhoun City and No. 6 Shannon.
Coming up: host South Pontotoc, Saturday; hosts Oxford, Tuesday
9. Ripley (4A) 9-4: Leading scorer Malik Pearson playing with a torn ACL.
Coming up: Tippah County Tournament, this weekend; host Lafayette, Tuesday
10. Blue Mountain (1A) 12-5: One of Cougars’ losses against Ripley; two could potentially meet in Saturday’s Tippah Tournament finals.
Coming up: Tippah County Tournament, this weekend; at West Union, Tuesday