NEW ALBANY – The host Bulldogs blew the doors off early, racing to a 28-0 lead and avenging two consecutive losses to the Bearcats with a 31-12 romp Friday night.
Kareem Brown rushed for 124 yards and a touchdown on 14 carries for New Albany (2-2), and he had a 90-yard kickoff return for TD. Teammate Eric Johnson rushed for 100 yards and a score on 13 carries.
Baldwyn, which has just five starters back from last year’s Class 2A state champion squad, fell to 0-3.
- West Point 33, Starkville 13: Xavier Hogan’s two touchdowns – one by ground, one by air – lifted the Green Wave (2-1) over rival Starkville (0-4).
- Alcorn Central 26, Biggersville 6: The Golden Bears (2-2) broke open a tight game with 13 fourth-quarter points. Dylan Cagle and Bryce Young had two TDs apiece.
- Belmont 49, Thrasher 6: Tailback Dustin Poole scored three times, including once on a punt return, for the Cardinals (3-0). Thrasher is 1-2.
- Eupora 47, Bruce 20: A 28-point second quarter put things away early for Eupora (3-0), which dropped Bruce to 0-3.
- Hamilton 25, Hatley 7: Hamilton’s first win of the year was clouded by an injury to Hatley lineman Joseph Neal, who was airlifted with a possible spinal cord injury.
- Okolona 55, New Site 0: Eight different players scored a touchdown for Okolona (2-1), which led 49-0 at halftime. New Site fell to 0-3.
- Senatobia 29, Oxford 20: It was a tight game throughout, but Senatobia (4-0) never trailed. Oxford is 1-3.
- Greenville O’Bannon 51, TCPS 6: O’Bannon (2-2) opened the scoring with a 99-yard run by Jeremy McCray, who later scored on a 63-yard punt return. TCPS slipped to 1-3.
- Water Valley 21, J.Z. George 14: In a battle of former Tupelo assistant coaches, Brad Embry’s Blue Devils rallied from an early 14-point deficit to knock off Chris McRae’s Jaguars.
NEMS Daily Journal