By NEMS Daily Journal
• Amory WR Dario Robinson signed with Southeastern Louisiana over a group of nine other offers, including Illinois.
Robinson committed to the Lions last week after a visit to the campus three weeks ago.
“It’s a good fit for me. Their campus and their football facilitiesare great,” Robinson said. “It felt like a great atmosphere when I was down there and a place I could enjoy playing.”
Robinson, a two-time Daily Journal All-Area selection, lead the Panthers in rushing last season with 117 carries for 1,021 yards and 10 TDs and also catching 52 passes for 801 yards, good for second on the team. He led the state in receiving his junior season with 2,191 yards and 21 TDs.
• Itawamba Community College had eight more players sign with four-year schools, to go with five mid-term recruits. The latest signees included defensive back Terrell Pinson, from Tupelo, to Louisiana Tech, and offensive lineman Connor Popeck to Western Kentucky.
• The first signing class for new Southern Miss coach Todd
Monken included Oxford QB Parker Adamson.
• The first signing class for new Delta State coach Todd Cooley included Northeast CC offensive lineman Brandon Avant, an East Webster product.
• North Alabama signed West Point defensive lineman Freddie Reed, joining two area transfers – ICC linebacker Quad Freeman, from Saltillo, and Northeast linebacker J.R. White.
• Quick kicks: ICC offensive lineman Brennan Tutor, from Pontotoc, signed with Arkansas State. …. The Central Arkansas class includes Northeast’s Jonathan Harrison, a mid-year signee who led the NJCAA in
punting. … West Point DE Ed Brown signed with Coastal Carolina.
… South Alabama signed Northeast running back Jay Jones and ICC defensive lineman Theo Rich.