– Kickoff: 8:15 p.m. today
– Television: ESPN
– Radio: Ole Miss Network; Sirius 91, XM 20091
– Records: Season opener
– Series: Ole Miss leads 47-38-2.
– Coaches: Vanderbilt – James Franklin, 15-11 third season at VU and overall. Ole Miss – Hugh Freeze, 37-13, fifth season overall; 7-6 second season at Ole Miss.
– Statistical Leaders: Vanderbilt – RB Brian Kimbrow 66-413 3 TDs. QB Austyn Carta-Samuels 14-of-25 passing, 208 yards, 1 TD, 0 INT. WR Jordan Matthews 94 catches, 1,323 yards, 8 TD. DB Kenny Ladler 90 tackles, 3.5 TFL. Ole Miss – RB Jeff Scott 197-846, 6 TDs. QB Bo Wallace 235-of-368 passing, 2,994 yards, 22 TD, 17 INT. WR Donte Moncrief 66 catches, 979 yards, 10 TD. LB Denzel Nkemdiche 82 tackles, 13 TFLs, 4 FF; S Cody Prewitt 80 tackles, 2 INT.
– Trends: Vanderbilt has won three straight and five of the last six in the series. The Rebels’ last win in the series was 23-10 at Vanderbilt in 2009. Two years later, the Rebels’ most recent trip to Nashville, Vanderbilt won 30-7 and was on the verge of a shutout before Zack Stoudt connected deep with Donte Moncrief – a 47-yard play – with less than 3 minutes to play. … The Rebels are opening SEC player on the road for the ninth time in 11 years.
– Notes: Ole Miss has not been shut out since 1998, the fourth-longest active streak in the SEC. … Ole Miss has never lost a game played in August. The Rebels are 6-0 going back to 1991. Ole Miss has 13 players who have already graduated, tying for the most in Division 1. … Ole Miss has 13 players from the state of Tennessee. … Ole Miss players will wear “PS” stickers on their helmets to remember former teammate Park Stevens, who died in an automobile accident on July 3.
– Summing it up: “There’s no question it’s very important. I do think at the situation we’re in with year two, we have to be very careful to continue to focus on the only thing that we can control. That’s how we can prepare today.” – Ole Miss coach Hugh Freeze on the significance of the season opener
– Prediction: Ole Miss 26, Vanderbilt 20