Sullivan honored by Farm Bureau
JACKSON – The Mississippi Farm Bureau Federation presented its Friend of Agriculture Award to Representative Preston Sullivan of Okolona. He represents House District 22 comprised of Calhoun, Chickasaw, and Pontotoc counties. He is the Chairman of the House Agriculture Committee.
“Chairman Sullivan has worked hard with Farm Bureau on many issues including agritourism, immigration reform, and funding for ag research,” said Farm Bureau President Randy Knight. “His work on the issue of agritourism helped Farm Bureau pass the bill that gives farmers some liability protection when visitors are on their farm.”
“What better way is there to inform children about agriculture than to take them on a tour of a farm?” said Sullivan. “They are going to tell their mother what a good time they had and why they saw and what they learned that day. And the mother is going to tell dad. So, things like that are just good ways to promote agriculture.”
Representative Sullivan is a cattleman from Okolona and also serves on the Appropriations, and the Conservation and Water Resources Committees.
Mississippi Farm Bureau President Randy Knight presented Jason Hill of Woodland with a pocket watch commemorating his term on the Mississippi Farm Bureau State Board of Directors.
Hill has been the state chairman for the Young Farmers and Ranchers Program.
Mississippi Farm Bureau is the largest general farm organization in the state with nearly 200,000 member families and is an advocate for agriculture.
About Chris Elkins
- Tippah County Fair News August 10, 2016
- Jeter takes Main Street position August 4, 2016
- Walnut Lake death under investigation August 13, 2016
- 11-month-old dies in head-on collision August 13, 2016
- Walnut receives $75,000 grant for health initiative August 17, 2016
- KEDRICK STOREY: It’s Joe Bowl time August 24, 2016
- Walnut to build wellness center August 24, 2016
- Chalybeate students win Radiant Peace Foundation awards August 22, 2016
- HS FOOTBALL: Wildcats, Tigers, Eagles fall in Week 1 August 20, 2016
- Fall Planting Choices August 19, 2016