Sullivan honored by Farm Bureau
JACKSON – The Mississippi Farm Bureau Federation presented its Friend of Agriculture Award to Representative Preston Sullivan of Okolona. He represents House District 22 comprised of Calhoun, Chickasaw, and Pontotoc counties. He is the Chairman of the House Agriculture Committee.
“Chairman Sullivan has worked hard with Farm Bureau on many issues including agritourism, immigration reform, and funding for ag research,” said Farm Bureau President Randy Knight. “His work on the issue of agritourism helped Farm Bureau pass the bill that gives farmers some liability protection when visitors are on their farm.”
“What better way is there to inform children about agriculture than to take them on a tour of a farm?” said Sullivan. “They are going to tell their mother what a good time they had and why they saw and what they learned that day. And the mother is going to tell dad. So, things like that are just good ways to promote agriculture.”
Representative Sullivan is a cattleman from Okolona and also serves on the Appropriations, and the Conservation and Water Resources Committees.
Mississippi Farm Bureau President Randy Knight presented Jason Hill of Woodland with a pocket watch commemorating his term on the Mississippi Farm Bureau State Board of Directors.
Hill has been the state chairman for the Young Farmers and Ranchers Program.
Mississippi Farm Bureau is the largest general farm organization in the state with nearly 200,000 member families and is an advocate for agriculture.
About Chris Elkins
- TOUGH NIGHT: Falkner, Ripley and Walnut fall on Friday September 24, 2016
- FRIDAY NIGHT PREVIEW: Eagles make changes in hopes of first win October 7, 2016
- Ripley gets big road win; Walnut blanks Potts Camp; Falkner falls to Vardaman October 8, 2016
- Robin Chapman to appear on Food Network Saturday October 11, 2016
- WE MEET AGAIN: Falkner and Pine Grove faceoff for fourth time as Class 1A playoffs get underway October 11, 2016
- Ripley’s Hatch readies to compete for Mrs. Magnolia State October 21, 2016
- THURSDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL: Benton County set to face Kossuth in huge 1-3A matchup October 20, 2016
- HS FOOTBALL: Eagles hang at Hamilton for first win October 20, 2016
- Athletes of the Week and W2W4 for Oct. 19 October 20, 2016
- Pine Grove Softball suffers playoff loss to Hamilton October 20, 2016