Sullivan honored by Farm Bureau
JACKSON – The Mississippi Farm Bureau Federation presented its Friend of Agriculture Award to Representative Preston Sullivan of Okolona. He represents House District 22 comprised of Calhoun, Chickasaw, and Pontotoc counties. He is the Chairman of the House Agriculture Committee.
“Chairman Sullivan has worked hard with Farm Bureau on many issues including agritourism, immigration reform, and funding for ag research,” said Farm Bureau President Randy Knight. “His work on the issue of agritourism helped Farm Bureau pass the bill that gives farmers some liability protection when visitors are on their farm.”
“What better way is there to inform children about agriculture than to take them on a tour of a farm?” said Sullivan. “They are going to tell their mother what a good time they had and why they saw and what they learned that day. And the mother is going to tell dad. So, things like that are just good ways to promote agriculture.”
Representative Sullivan is a cattleman from Okolona and also serves on the Appropriations, and the Conservation and Water Resources Committees.
Mississippi Farm Bureau President Randy Knight presented Jason Hill of Woodland with a pocket watch commemorating his term on the Mississippi Farm Bureau State Board of Directors.
Hill has been the state chairman for the Young Farmers and Ranchers Program.
Mississippi Farm Bureau is the largest general farm organization in the state with nearly 200,000 member families and is an advocate for agriculture.
About Chris Elkins
- Main Street awards presented August 31, 2016
- RAISE THE ROOF: Ripley WR “Speedy” Godwin key in Tigers’ passing attack September 14, 2016
- HOMECOMING KING: Adams rushes for four scores in Ripley win over Saltillo September 14, 2016
- Wildcats cruise past Middleton, win third straight September 14, 2016
- SOFTBALL: Lady Eagles move to 3-0 in league play September 14, 2016
- Lions Club to hold fundraiser September 26, 2016
- Square Signs September 26, 2016
- TOUGH NIGHT: Falkner, Ripley and Walnut fall on Friday September 24, 2016
- After five weeks, football coaches see good and bad September 22, 2016
- Walnut rolls past New Site for fourth straight win September 18, 2016