CALHOUN CITY – Annie Lynette Ferguson, 82, died Friday, Dec. 14, 2012. She was born May 24, 1930, in Calhoun County to Clarence Mathis Griffin and Dewey Mae Hathcock Griffin. She was a seamstress and a Baptist.
Services were at 2 p.m. Sunday, Dec. 16, at Southern Funeral Chapel with Bro. Jason Brassfield and Bro. Randy Rinehart officiating. Burial was in Poplar Springs Cemetery in Calhoun County.
Survivors include three sons, Cecil Ray Ferguson, Donald Laine Ferguson and Jo Anne, and Elvin Lee Ferguson and Gayla, all of Houston; seven grandchildren, Tammy Ferguson, Tonya Ferguson, Chance Rodgers, Jeffery Ferguson, Joey Ferguson, Lane Ferguson and Michael Ferguson; 16 great-grandchildren; one brother, Curtis Elvin Griffin of Mobile, Ala.; two sisters, Myra Shields of Coffeeville and Aileen Dunham of Mobile, Ala.
She was preceded in death by her husband, J.T. Ferguson; her parents; brothers, Elon Griffin, James Griffin, Clifton Griffin, Curtis E. Griffin, Clarence Walker Griffin, Henry Lee Griffin and Marvin Griffin; and a sister, Christine Owings Camp.
Pallbearers were Jeff, Joey, Lane, Michael, Chase, J.T. and Josh Ferguson, and Jacob Haire.
Visitation was from noon to service time Sunday.
A complete obituary will be published in the Wednesday, Dec. 19, Chickasaw Journal.
About Chris Elkins
- Tippah County Fair News August 10, 2016
- Weeks to be honored for retirement July 27, 2016
- Tippah Countian participates in NEMCC Softball Youth Skills Camp August 11, 2016
- Lady Toppers earn elite academic status once again August 11, 2016
- SOFTBALL: Blue Mountain, Falkner, Pine Grove to play in Classic Tournaments August 12, 2016
- Walnut to build wellness center August 24, 2016
- Chalybeate students win Radiant Peace Foundation awards August 22, 2016
- HS FOOTBALL: Wildcats, Tigers, Eagles fall in Week 1 August 20, 2016
- Fall Planting Choices August 19, 2016
- Norton earns certification August 18, 2016