CALHOUN CITY – Annie Lynette Ferguson, 82, died Friday, Dec. 14, 2012. She was born May 24, 1930, in Calhoun County to Clarence Mathis Griffin and Dewey Mae Hathcock Griffin. She was a seamstress and a Baptist.
Services were at 2 p.m. Sunday, Dec. 16, at Southern Funeral Chapel with Bro. Jason Brassfield and Bro. Randy Rinehart officiating. Burial was in Poplar Springs Cemetery in Calhoun County.
Survivors include three sons, Cecil Ray Ferguson, Donald Laine Ferguson and Jo Anne, and Elvin Lee Ferguson and Gayla, all of Houston; seven grandchildren, Tammy Ferguson, Tonya Ferguson, Chance Rodgers, Jeffery Ferguson, Joey Ferguson, Lane Ferguson and Michael Ferguson; 16 great-grandchildren; one brother, Curtis Elvin Griffin of Mobile, Ala.; two sisters, Myra Shields of Coffeeville and Aileen Dunham of Mobile, Ala.
She was preceded in death by her husband, J.T. Ferguson; her parents; brothers, Elon Griffin, James Griffin, Clifton Griffin, Curtis E. Griffin, Clarence Walker Griffin, Henry Lee Griffin and Marvin Griffin; and a sister, Christine Owings Camp.
Pallbearers were Jeff, Joey, Lane, Michael, Chase, J.T. and Josh Ferguson, and Jacob Haire.
Visitation was from noon to service time Sunday.
A complete obituary will be published in the Wednesday, Dec. 19, Chickasaw Journal.
About Chris Elkins
- Meetings moved, offices closed for holiday July 1, 2016
- BMC Baseball adds slick-fielding second baseman July 15, 2016
- Local chef earns top three spot on Food Network Stars July 19, 2016
- Tippah conviction upheld July 20, 2016
- 2016 Walnut Municipal Park Baseball League T-Ball photos July 21, 2016
- 2016 Walnut Municipal Park Softball League photos July 27, 2016
- Tippah County coaches Bates, Vuncannon remember Pat Summitt July 27, 2016
- Tippah Countians attend June NEMCC boys’ basketball camp July 27, 2016
- Lewellen heads to Mrs. United States pageant July 27, 2016
- Weeks to be honored for retirement July 27, 2016