CALHOUN CITY – Annie Lynette Ferguson, 82, died Friday, Dec. 14, 2012. She was born May 24, 1930, in Calhoun County to Clarence Mathis Griffin and Dewey Mae Hathcock Griffin. She was a seamstress and a Baptist.
Services were at 2 p.m. Sunday, Dec. 16, at Southern Funeral Chapel with Bro. Jason Brassfield and Bro. Randy Rinehart officiating. Burial was in Poplar Springs Cemetery in Calhoun County.
Survivors include three sons, Cecil Ray Ferguson, Donald Laine Ferguson and Jo Anne, and Elvin Lee Ferguson and Gayla, all of Houston; seven grandchildren, Tammy Ferguson, Tonya Ferguson, Chance Rodgers, Jeffery Ferguson, Joey Ferguson, Lane Ferguson and Michael Ferguson; 16 great-grandchildren; one brother, Curtis Elvin Griffin of Mobile, Ala.; two sisters, Myra Shields of Coffeeville and Aileen Dunham of Mobile, Ala.
She was preceded in death by her husband, J.T. Ferguson; her parents; brothers, Elon Griffin, James Griffin, Clifton Griffin, Curtis E. Griffin, Clarence Walker Griffin, Henry Lee Griffin and Marvin Griffin; and a sister, Christine Owings Camp.
Pallbearers were Jeff, Joey, Lane, Michael, Chase, J.T. and Josh Ferguson, and Jacob Haire.
Visitation was from noon to service time Sunday.
A complete obituary will be published in the Wednesday, Dec. 19, Chickasaw Journal.
About Chris Elkins
- Main Street awards presented August 31, 2016
- Local EMT earns honor September 12, 2016
- RAISE THE ROOF: Ripley WR “Speedy” Godwin key in Tigers’ passing attack September 14, 2016
- HOMECOMING KING: Adams rushes for four scores in Ripley win over Saltillo September 14, 2016
- Wildcats cruise past Middleton, win third straight September 14, 2016
- TOUGH NIGHT: Falkner, Ripley and Walnut fall on Friday September 24, 2016
- After five weeks, football coaches see good and bad September 22, 2016
- Walnut rolls past New Site for fourth straight win September 18, 2016
- Cross Country: Hickory Flat Cross Country results September 15, 2016
- SIDE COURT: Athletes of the Week and W2W4 for Sept. 14 September 14, 2016