Branscome joins NRCS team
by Joyce Leggett Brock
ASHLAND – John Branscome is now working as a Soil Conservationist at the Benton County office of the United States’ Department of Agriculture’s Natural Resources Soil Conservation.
The NRCS office provides assistance to farmers and agricultural producers.
Branscome holds an Associate’s Degree in Forestry from Holmes Community College. He holds two Bachelor’s Degrees from Mississippi State University – Agriculture Economics and General Business. He has worked for NRCS since October 2007.
Before he began his career with NRCS, Branscome worked in the cattle business. In fact, he has been involved with agriculture for most of his life. His father and grandfather owned a livestock auction and sale barn in Grenada, and he was raised living on a cattle farm.
Branscome says that he began his career with NRCS because he enjoys working with producers and enjoys being a good steward of the land. He wants to do anything he can to help producers through the NRCS’s programs to help them better their lands and become better stewards of conservation.
He and his wife, Amanda, moved from Grenada to New Albany in October. They have one son, Jack, who will turn 4 years old later this month. They were members of Emmanuel Baptist Church in Grenada.
About Joyce BrockJoyce Brock is the News Editor of the Southern Advocate newspaper. A lifelong Benton County resident, she has been a member of the Southern Advocate team for over seven years.
- Natural causes take life of RHS band director July 4, 2016
- Tippah conviction upheld July 20, 2016
- 2016 Walnut Municipal Park Baseball League T-Ball photos July 21, 2016
- Story has no regrets about early enrollment July 21, 2016
- 12th Annual Historic Ripley Midnight 5k Run/Walk results July 21, 2016
- 2016 Walnut Municipal Park Softball League photos July 27, 2016
- Tippah County coaches Bates, Vuncannon remember Pat Summitt July 27, 2016
- Tippah Countians attend June NEMCC boys’ basketball camp July 27, 2016
- Lewellen heads to Mrs. United States pageant July 27, 2016
- Weeks to be honored for retirement July 27, 2016