WCSA-AM 1260 holds ribbon-cutting
By Kedrick Storey
RIPLEY–WCSA-AM 1260 radio station held its official groundbreaking Wednesday, Dec. 12 at its 1817 City Avenue North address. The station is located next to Foster’s Barber and Cosmetology College.
The ribbon-cutting, which included an invocation by Rev. Terry Smith and remarks from Ward 3 Alderman Jackie McKenzie, began the start of the radio station’s improvement to the building and “ironing out of of any/all avenues for us to provide clarity to the ears of the listeners,” according to Ann Jubert, Director of Relations.
“The station’s format is a blend of the very best music,” she said. “The musical entree includes foot-tapping, hand-clapping and finger-snapping high quality music.”
Top 100, jazz, urban adult contemporary, Blues and more will be heard on the station that has partnered with Memphis-based LMB Network (www.lmbnetwork.com) which has affiliates in Bolivar, Tenn. and Danville, Ill. They will also feature Sunday’s Religious Broadcasting.
Jubert added that WSCA-AM 1260 will sponsor a Spring Outdoor Festival in March 2013, which includes a talent contest.
About Chris Elkins
- Meetings moved, offices closed for holiday July 1, 2016
- BMC Baseball adds slick-fielding second baseman July 15, 2016
- Local chef earns top three spot on Food Network Stars July 19, 2016
- Tippah conviction upheld July 20, 2016
- 2016 Walnut Municipal Park Baseball League T-Ball photos July 21, 2016
- 2016 Walnut Municipal Park Softball League photos July 27, 2016
- Tippah County coaches Bates, Vuncannon remember Pat Summitt July 27, 2016
- Tippah Countians attend June NEMCC boys’ basketball camp July 27, 2016
- Lewellen heads to Mrs. United States pageant July 27, 2016
- Weeks to be honored for retirement July 27, 2016