Qualifying begins Wednesday for municipal elections
RIPLEY – The qualifying period for the 2013 municipal elections opens Wednesday, Jan. 2. The deadline to qualify to run will be 5 p.m. Friday, March 8, according to Tippah County Circuit Clerk Randy Graves.
The voter registration deadline for primary elections is noon Saturday, April 6.
Party primaries are set Tuesday, May 7, and runoff elections, if necessary, will be held Tuesday, May 21. Runoffs will be held if candidates don’t receive 50 percent, plus one, of the votes cast.
The deadline to register to vote in the Tuesday, June 4 general elections is Saturday, May 4.
Voters in Ripley will vote for a mayor, and aldermen in wards one through four, and the at-large ward.
Voters in Blue Mountain, Dumas, Falkner, and Walnut will elect a mayor and five at-large aldermen. Newly elected, or re-elected, officeholders will take office Monday, July 1.
- Meetings moved, offices closed for holiday July 1, 2016
- BMC Baseball adds slick-fielding second baseman July 15, 2016
- Local chef earns top three spot on Food Network Stars July 19, 2016
- Tippah conviction upheld July 20, 2016
- 2016 Walnut Municipal Park Baseball League T-Ball photos July 21, 2016
- 2016 Walnut Municipal Park Softball League photos July 27, 2016
- Tippah County coaches Bates, Vuncannon remember Pat Summitt July 27, 2016
- Tippah Countians attend June NEMCC boys’ basketball camp July 27, 2016
- Lewellen heads to Mrs. United States pageant July 27, 2016
- Weeks to be honored for retirement July 27, 2016