Ripley business break-ins investigated
RIPLEY — Police are investigating break-ins last week at two businesses, as well as a vehicle theft, a vehicle burglary and a vandalism case, Police Chief Scott White said this week.
No arrests have been made at this time. As the investigations continue, Police Investigator Scott Watson asked anyone with information to contact Ripley police at 837-2215, or Crime Stoppers of Northeast Mississippi at 1-800-773 -TIPS (8477)
Here are capsule summaries of the cases.
— On Sunday Dec. 16, it was reported that someone broke into the Ripley High School concession stand. Flour and sugar were poured all over items, causing a mess and causing damage to the door and lock, Watson said.
–Sometime between Thursday, Dec. 20 and Friday, Dec. 21, a 2004 Ford Mustang was stolen from Roscoe Auto Sales. It appears the window was broken out. The Mustang is blue, 2-door with a black strip down the center of the car. The car had tinted windows and is a 5-speed, the investigator said.
–Early Monday, Dec. 24, a break-in was reported at Fidelity National Loans at 902 North Main. The suspect or suspects pried the back door and cut the phone lines. Being unable to make entry from back, a piece of asphalt was thrown through the front glass door to gain entry to the building. The investigator declined to say what was taken.
— About 1 a.m. Wednesday, Dec. 26, a break-in was reported at Grant’s Electronics at 916 City Avenue South. Two black males gained entry into the building by throwing a concrete block through the front door glass. The two were in and out within a minute of going into the store, police said. There was video surveillance footage captured and it is being analyzed for evidence. The two males pulled on the north side of the building and parked before making entry, the investigator said.
–On Tuesday, Dec. 25, a truck was broken into at 221 Fairview, and several guns were stolen.
- Tippah County Fair News August 10, 2016
- 11-month-old dies in head-on collision August 13, 2016
- Walnut receives $75,000 grant for health initiative August 17, 2016
- Norton earns certification August 18, 2016
- Fall Planting Choices August 19, 2016
- Hunt makes return to the field, has big night in loss August 25, 2016
- Joe Bowl could come down to skilled players and fatigue August 25, 2016
- KEDRICK STOREY: It’s Joe Bowl time August 24, 2016
- Walnut to build wellness center August 24, 2016
- Chalybeate students win Radiant Peace Foundation awards August 22, 2016