Reader's Opinion: Gun Control
“School shootings, no matter how horrific, do not justify creating an Orwellian surveillance state in America. Do we really want to live in a world of police checkpoints, cameras, metal detectors, x-ray scanners, and warrantless physical searches?”
– Dr. Ron Paul
3,000 people died on 9/11 because the pilots were not allowed to carry firearms onto the planes. The Sandy massacre happened because the teachers were not allowed to carry their weapons. I am convinced that the anti-constitution crowd is nothing more than a group of felons, sadists, pedophiles, drug addicts, and sickos that have criminal records. They don’t want law abiding citizens to own firearms because it would make it harder for them to get away with their crimes.
We have mayor Bloomberg of NY of the Republican party calling to take our guns, and Diane Fienstein of the Democrat party trying to take our guns via legislation. This two party fraud has got to go! It’s time for it to pack its bags and leave the country along with its lies.
Don’t say that you are a gun owner, and then turn face and vote for an anti-gun party. Nobody believes that “lesser of two evils” lie anymore. Voting for evil is still evil. If your intention is evil, then keep doing what you are doing, but know this, You will NEVER have our guns. The debate is over. There is no bill, person, government, or army on this Earth that is powerful enough to steal the guns from 180 million gun-owning, law abiding citizens in America.
About Joyce BrockJoyce Brock is the News Editor of the Southern Advocate newspaper. A lifelong Benton County resident, she has been a member of the Southern Advocate team for over seven years.
- Meetings moved, offices closed for holiday July 1, 2016
- BMC Baseball adds slick-fielding second baseman July 15, 2016
- Local chef earns top three spot on Food Network Stars July 19, 2016
- Tippah conviction upheld July 20, 2016
- 2016 Walnut Municipal Park Baseball League T-Ball photos July 21, 2016
- 2016 Walnut Municipal Park Softball League photos July 27, 2016
- Tippah County coaches Bates, Vuncannon remember Pat Summitt July 27, 2016
- Tippah Countians attend June NEMCC boys’ basketball camp July 27, 2016
- Lewellen heads to Mrs. United States pageant July 27, 2016
- Weeks to be honored for retirement July 27, 2016