Brown CD single release concert set for Saturday
RIPLEY–Rashard Brown of Ripley has the gift of song, and now he plans to use it to sing praises to the Lord on a larger scale.
The 18-year-old future gospel recording artist will have a CD single release concert, Saturday, Jan. 26, at the Tippah County Fairgrounds Program Hall. The concert is free, and along with Brown, other gospel singers will perform.
Brown, who began singing at 4, said he wants to tell the world what God can do for anyone.
“I want to inspire others and let them know that God can change you. God can change people,” said Brown.
Brown, who attends Flatwood Grove in Blue Mountain, has been working on the project for four months with Parkertown Sounds Studios in Mooreville.
Also performing at the event is Ripey’s Cherie Black, Shikera Clay of Alabama, Tupelo’s Eboni Robinson and Charmaine Tyrell of Tennessee. Praise and worship will be provided by Fallon Rakestraw of Blue Mountain.
About Kedrick StoreyBorn and raised in Ripley. Mississippi State graduate. Southern Sentinel sports writer since Sept. 29, 2008. I also offer ground support to the Northeast Mississippi Daily Journal.
- Guilty pleas entered in Circuit Court December 21, 2016
- Tippah County Basketball tournament begins Thursday January 5, 2017
- Falkner still searching for answers January 5, 2017
- Lady Tiger’s late game rally not enough January 5, 2017
- Body found in Dumas identified January 5, 2017
- Try these recipes for breakfast this week January 14, 2017
- New election commissioners take office January 13, 2017
- Tippah County eligible for Livestock Forage Disaster Program January 12, 2017
- Mississippi celebrating Bicentennial this year January 12, 2017
- Friday’s power outage affected approximately 600 TEPA customers January 12, 2017