Brown CD single release concert set for Saturday
RIPLEY–Rashard Brown of Ripley has the gift of song, and now he plans to use it to sing praises to the Lord on a larger scale.
The 18-year-old future gospel recording artist will have a CD single release concert, Saturday, Jan. 26, at the Tippah County Fairgrounds Program Hall. The concert is free, and along with Brown, other gospel singers will perform.
Brown, who began singing at 4, said he wants to tell the world what God can do for anyone.
“I want to inspire others and let them know that God can change you. God can change people,” said Brown.
Brown, who attends Flatwood Grove in Blue Mountain, has been working on the project for four months with Parkertown Sounds Studios in Mooreville.
Also performing at the event is Ripey’s Cherie Black, Shikera Clay of Alabama, Tupelo’s Eboni Robinson and Charmaine Tyrell of Tennessee. Praise and worship will be provided by Fallon Rakestraw of Blue Mountain.
About Kedrick StoreyBorn and raised in Ripley. Mississippi State graduate. Southern Sentinel sports writer since Sept. 29, 2008. I also offer ground support to the Northeast Mississippi Daily Journal.
- Square Signs September 26, 2016
- Ripley gets big road win; Walnut blanks Potts Camp; Falkner falls to Vardaman October 8, 2016
- Robin Chapman to appear on Food Network Saturday October 11, 2016
- WE MEET AGAIN: Falkner and Pine Grove faceoff for fourth time as Class 1A playoffs get underway October 11, 2016
- SOFTBALL PLAYOFFS: Pine Grove advances in Class 1A October 12, 2016
- HS FOOTBALL: Falkner, Ripley keep win streaks going October 24, 2016
- Ripley’s Hatch readies to compete for Mrs. Magnolia State October 21, 2016
- THURSDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL: Benton County set to face Kossuth in huge 1-3A matchup October 20, 2016
- HS FOOTBALL: Eagles hang at Hamilton for first win October 20, 2016
- Athletes of the Week and W2W4 for Oct. 19 October 20, 2016