Brown CD single release concert set for Saturday
RIPLEY–Rashard Brown of Ripley has the gift of song, and now he plans to use it to sing praises to the Lord on a larger scale.
The 18-year-old future gospel recording artist will have a CD single release concert, Saturday, Jan. 26, at the Tippah County Fairgrounds Program Hall. The concert is free, and along with Brown, other gospel singers will perform.
Brown, who began singing at 4, said he wants to tell the world what God can do for anyone.
“I want to inspire others and let them know that God can change you. God can change people,” said Brown.
Brown, who attends Flatwood Grove in Blue Mountain, has been working on the project for four months with Parkertown Sounds Studios in Mooreville.
Also performing at the event is Ripey’s Cherie Black, Shikera Clay of Alabama, Tupelo’s Eboni Robinson and Charmaine Tyrell of Tennessee. Praise and worship will be provided by Fallon Rakestraw of Blue Mountain.
About Kedrick StoreyBorn and raised in Ripley. Mississippi State graduate. Southern Sentinel sports writer since Sept. 29, 2008. I also offer ground support to the Northeast Mississippi Daily Journal.
- BASEBALL: Tigers advance in NEMCABB Summer Tournament June 29, 2016
- Ripley’s Norton named Athletic Director of the Year July 13, 2016
- Facebook post leads to arrest July 13, 2016
- Recycling drive set for July 21 July 13, 2016
- BMC Baseball adds slick-fielding second baseman July 15, 2016
- BMC Baseball signs power-hitting infielder July 21, 2016
- 12th Annual Historic Ripley Midnight 5k Run/Walk results July 21, 2016
- Story has no regrets about early enrollment July 21, 2016
- 2016 Walnut Municipal Park Baseball League T-Ball photos July 21, 2016
- Tippah conviction upheld July 20, 2016