South Tippah School District approves using property for pre-K
South Tippah School District trustees have approved using the recently acquired Northeast Mississippi Christian Academy property as part of an expanded district pre-kindergarten program to be called South Tippah School District Pre-Kindergarten.
“We have found our current Pre-K classes to be successful. Currently we have 37 students enrolled in the Pre-K program at Blue Mountain Elementary School. Given we have the additional property for classroom space, we want to grow opportunities for children in our district to attend a four year old program. Our goal is four classes totaling 64 students,” Superintendent Frank Campbell said this week.
The South Tippah School District Pre-Kindergarten will be filled on a first-come first -served basis. Registration begins Monday, Feb. 4, 2013. All registration must be done centrally using the Pre-K facility.
Those wishing to sign up should contact Twila Goolsby or Carla Gaillard at 662-837-3677. Children being registered must be four years old by Sept. 1, and a shot record is required. There will be a monthly fee of $175. There will also be a registration fee of $50. This will be refunded in the August fee. The fee is non-refundable if a student does not attend the Pre-K program.
For the rest of the story, see the Jan. 30 issue of the Southern Sentinel.
About Beth ThomasBeth Thomas Harmon is the news editor for the Southern Sentinel. She graduated from the University of Mississippi in 2011 with a degree in journalism. Beth is a New Albany native, and she began working at the Sentinel in 2013.
- Meetings moved, offices closed for holiday July 1, 2016
- BMC Baseball adds slick-fielding second baseman July 15, 2016
- Local chef earns top three spot on Food Network Stars July 19, 2016
- Tippah conviction upheld July 20, 2016
- 2016 Walnut Municipal Park Baseball League T-Ball photos July 21, 2016
- 2016 Walnut Municipal Park Softball League photos July 27, 2016
- Tippah County coaches Bates, Vuncannon remember Pat Summitt July 27, 2016
- Tippah Countians attend June NEMCC boys’ basketball camp July 27, 2016
- Lewellen heads to Mrs. United States pageant July 27, 2016
- Weeks to be honored for retirement July 27, 2016