South Tippah School District approves using property for pre-K
South Tippah School District trustees have approved using the recently acquired Northeast Mississippi Christian Academy property as part of an expanded district pre-kindergarten program to be called South Tippah School District Pre-Kindergarten.
“We have found our current Pre-K classes to be successful. Currently we have 37 students enrolled in the Pre-K program at Blue Mountain Elementary School. Given we have the additional property for classroom space, we want to grow opportunities for children in our district to attend a four year old program. Our goal is four classes totaling 64 students,” Superintendent Frank Campbell said this week.
The South Tippah School District Pre-Kindergarten will be filled on a first-come first -served basis. Registration begins Monday, Feb. 4, 2013. All registration must be done centrally using the Pre-K facility.
Those wishing to sign up should contact Twila Goolsby or Carla Gaillard at 662-837-3677. Children being registered must be four years old by Sept. 1, and a shot record is required. There will be a monthly fee of $175. There will also be a registration fee of $50. This will be refunded in the August fee. The fee is non-refundable if a student does not attend the Pre-K program.
For the rest of the story, see the Jan. 30 issue of the Southern Sentinel.
About Beth ThomasBeth Thomas Harmon is the news editor for the Southern Sentinel. She graduated from the University of Mississippi in 2011 with a degree in journalism. Beth is a New Albany native, and she began working at the Sentinel in 2013.
- Tippah County Fair News August 10, 2016
- 11-month-old dies in head-on collision August 13, 2016
- Walnut receives $75,000 grant for health initiative August 17, 2016
- Norton earns certification August 18, 2016
- Fall Planting Choices August 19, 2016
- Hunt makes return to the field, has big night in loss August 25, 2016
- Joe Bowl could come down to skilled players and fatigue August 25, 2016
- KEDRICK STOREY: It’s Joe Bowl time August 24, 2016
- Walnut to build wellness center August 24, 2016
- Chalybeate students win Radiant Peace Foundation awards August 22, 2016