Fatal shooting being investigated
By Hank Wiesner
Special to the Sentinel
WALNUT LAKE – Tippah authorities are investigating a fatal shooting Sunday on County Road 104, and a Monday morning fire on the same road which destroyed a residence near where the shooting occurred, both in the Walnut Lake area.
Glen Martindale of that area, whose age wasn’t available, died after being shot one time with a shotgun. The shooting was reported about 12:15 p.m. Sunday, investigators said.
Authorities are questioning at least one person in connection with the case. No charges had been filed as of 3 p.m. Monday, investigators said.
No other information about the case was immediately available.
An early Monday morning fire destroyed the Clinton Allen residence on County Road 104, firefighters said. Martindale was shot Sunday in front of the Allen residence, investigators said.
The fire is under investigation by the Tippah County Sheriff’s Department. No information was available about the fire’s cause and point of origin.
Three Forks volunteer firefighters were dispatched via 911 call about 7 a.m. Monday, and found the front part of the one floor brick house afire. No one was home when firefighters arrived Monday morning, and there were no injuries.
“The fire had burned through the roof when we arrived,” Fire Chief Joey Jackson said. He said there was power to the house.
Walnut volunteer firefighters were also dispatched to help fight the fire, but the structure was destroyed, Jackson said.
Firefighters secured from the scene early Monday afternoon.
About Tina MeadowsTina Campbell Meadows is a life-long resident of Tippah County with 20 years experience in journalism and graphic design. Meadows has been a member of the Southern Sentinel staff since June 2000.
- Meetings moved, offices closed for holiday July 1, 2016
- BMC Baseball adds slick-fielding second baseman July 15, 2016
- Local chef earns top three spot on Food Network Stars July 19, 2016
- Tippah conviction upheld July 20, 2016
- 2016 Walnut Municipal Park Baseball League T-Ball photos July 21, 2016
- 2016 Walnut Municipal Park Softball League photos July 27, 2016
- Tippah County coaches Bates, Vuncannon remember Pat Summitt July 27, 2016
- Tippah Countians attend June NEMCC boys’ basketball camp July 27, 2016
- Lewellen heads to Mrs. United States pageant July 27, 2016
- Weeks to be honored for retirement July 27, 2016