Here is today’s round of police reports, filed this week by the Lee County Sheriff’s Office and the Tupelo Police Department. Plenty of routine stuff here, but always something interesting, like a dog taking down a fence to get at another dog, and the guy who dashed out of Kroger without paying for a brisket.
Hey, I’d go to jail for some good brisket.
Lee County Sheriff’s Office
• A man on Highway 348 reported his church was damaged and vandalized.
• A Road 141 resident reported a family argument.
• A County Road 1023 resident reported an argument with her ex-boyfriend.
• A driver on Highway 45 reported she hit a patch of ice and slid into a ditch.
• A County Road 1562 resident reported someone threw a brick in the front window of his apartment.
• A County Road 1019 resident reported her neighbor’s dog destroyed her fence and tried to attack her dog.
• A County Road 300 resident reported a stolen trailer.
Tupelo Police Department
• Police arrested a man walking along South Gloster Street on an active warrant.
• A man driving on South Gloster was pulled over for a child not properly restrained and the driver not wearing a seat belt and was arrested on an active warrant.
• A man was arrested on an active warrant and driving with a suspended license after police pulled him over on Ida Street for having a cracked windshield.
• Multiple residents on McClure Drive reported their cars being broken into and items stolen.
• A passenger in a traffic stop on North Gloster Street was arrested on an active warrant and for giving false information to police, and the driver was issued citations for no proof of insurance, window tint violation, and child restraint violation.
• A man was arrested at a safety checkpoint on Elizabeth Street for suspended driver’s license, no insurance and with an active warrant.
• A woman was arrested at Belk after allegedly attempting to steal $248.45 worth of clothing.
• A man was arrested for public drunkenness after police responded to a report of a fight at Veterans Boulevard at Duncan Street.
• A man reported malicious mischief to his vehicle while it was parked at the BancorpSouth Arena.
• A woman was arrested on an active warrant after police were called to a verbal disturbance at a South Green Street apartment.
• A man was charged with public drunkenness when police were called to a disturbance on Lawndale Avenue.
• A man was arrested on an active warrant after police pulled him over on Jefferson Street stopped at a red light without working headlights or taillights.
• A man was charged with DUI refusal, open container, careless driving, no insurance and expired tag after a traffic stop on North Gloster Street.
• Two men were arrested after narrowly missing hitting a police car and another car stopped and taking police on a brief chase. Police reported the two had been drinking and driving near Stone Creek Boulevard recklessly.
• Four people were charged with disorderly conduct after police were called to the McDonald’s on South Gloster Street for about 50 people fighting in the parking lot.
• A woman was arrested on an active warrant after police were called to the Huddle House on South Eason Boulevard for a disturbance.
• A man at America’s Best Value Inn reported a woman cut his front Jeep tire.
• Two men were arrested after a fight at the Baymont Inn.
• A woman driving on South Gloster Street reported a deer damaged her car.
• A woman reported her car was broken into and her purse was stolen while at Veterans Park.
• A man was arrested after a short foot chase when police were called to a large group of men fighting at Hillsdale Apartments.
• A man was charged with driving while license suspended, no proof of insurance, no seat belt, and expired tag after a car was traveling in the opposite direction on West Main Street near Crosstown.
• A man was arrested for driving without a license on Ida Street after a traffic stop for playing loud music.
• A woman was arrested on three warrants after police stopped her for running a red light.
• A man was arrested on an active warrant after the car he was in was stopped for failing to signal on Harrison Avenue.
• A man was arrested for driving with a suspended driver’s license and on an active warrant after he failed to dim his lights on South Gloster Street.
• A man was arrested on two active warrants and with driving without insurance and with a suspended license – second offense after police stopped him on West Main Street for failing to dim headlights.
• A Birch Street man reported someone hit his vehicle parked in the street over the weekend.
• Police responded to a crash at Veterans Boulevard at U.S. Highway 78 for a vehicle that hit a patch of ice and flipped.
• Police responded to a crash at Veterans Boulevard at U.S. Highway 78 for a vehicle that hit a patch of ice and hit the guard rail.
• A Mahogany Drive man reported someone attempting to scam him on Craig’s List over a freezer.
• Dollar General on East Main Street reported someone attempting to steal $9 worth in merchandise. Police arrested her and allegedly found drugs on her while at the jail.
• Police served an active warrant on a man at the jail.
• A man reported someone stole his phone at the truck stop on McCullough Boulevard.
• The West Main Street Walmart reported a woman opened a bag of Hershey’s chocolate candy and a bag of bread, and consumed part of each, then put the bags back on the shelf.
• A man was arrested on a contempt of court warrant at a traffic stop on Eason Boulevard.
• A man was arrested for DUI after he reportedly lost control of his vehicle and hit a tree on North Gloster Street.
• A Barley Court Apartments woman reported someone cut all her tires over the weekend.
• A Briar Ridge Road woman reported her Samsung Galaxy cellphone was stolen.
• Police served a warrant on a man on Morganwood Road.
• A woman reported her purse was stolen from her car at some point while she was running errands.
• A man was charged with shoplifting miscellaneous fishing items from Scruggs.
• Police served an active warrant on a man at the jail.
• A man pulled over on Monument Drive told police he had never had a license and was arrested on an active warrant.
• A woman was stopped on Ida Street for not wearing a seat belt and was arrested on an active warrant.
• A North Church Street man reported two front windows broken out of his building.
• A Feemster Lake Road woman reported a loose dog charged her. It was taken to the animal shelter.
• A Garfield Street resident reported someone keyed his car and wrote words on it.
• Kroger reported a man pushed a grocery basket to the front door, grabbed a beef brisket that cost around $20 and ran out without paying.
Anyone with information on any of these crimes is urged to call the Lee County Sheriff’s Office at (662) 841-9041 or Crime Stoppers at (800) 773-TIPS.