What better way to kick off an early weekend – go ahead and leave the office, it’s cool – than with police reports. And we’ve got some doozies today.
My favorite is the one about the woman who reported to police that her daughter was being ungrateful for the old car she was given. Didn’t have enough swag for the young lady, I guess.
Also notable, it’s pretty bold of someone to just up and steal a 16-foot dual axle trailer out of someone’s yard. Maybe the guy just needed to haul away his cares.
To the reports!
Lee County Sheriff’s Office
• A County Road 1277 woman reported a man was staying at her house. She left the man at her home for a few hours and when she returned he was gone, her jewelry was stolen and her room had been ransacked.
• A County Road 1820 woman reported she gave her daughter a used car. The daughter wanted a new car but the woman told her she could just use the older car.
• A County Road 1460 man reported someone took his .40-caliber handgun and plastic belt holster from his vehicle.
• A Katie Anna Lane woman reported someone took her daughter’s Tinker Bell bicycle from their backyard.
• A General Robertson Trail man reported two people came into his yard and got into a verbal altercation. One had a handgun in his waistband so the man called 911.
• A New Albany woman reported a woman has been harassing her on Facebook.
• A Mooreville man reported someone took cash, a cellphone and a bicycle from his unlocked vehicle.
• A Wood Cliff Cove man reported someone took his 16-foot dual axle trailer from his yard.
• A County Road 1900 man reported three men and a woman came to his house, forced their way into the front door and began to kick him.
Tupelo Police Department
• A man reported his left arm injured because it was hit by the side-view mirror of a car that struck him while he walked along Forrest Street.
• A woman reported someone took her wallet and a cup of change from her vehicle while it was parked at her Pinoak Court apartment.
• A woman was arrested for DUI after being pulled over for crossing the center line and turning without a signal on South Thomas Street.
• A man was arrested for an active warrant after being stopped for suspicion of driving drunk on Cliff Gookin Boulevard.
Mug Shots of the Day
I couldn’t just settle on one today, so I’ve got three for you. Enjoy, and feel better about your driver’s license photo.
Anyone with information on any of these crimes is urged to call the Lee County Sheriff’s Office at (662) 841-9041 or Crime Stoppers at (800) 773-TIPS.