Good afternoon, readers. Today’s police reports have been filed early, so stop being productive and share this with your friends.
What do we have today? Well, someone stole a motorcycle and a grill, and I’m wondering if they actually drove the bike while carrying the grill, because that would be tricky. We also have a shoplifter who must’ve spent like 2.6 seconds coming up with her cunning strategy. And we also have LOUD MUSIC. DANG KIDS THESE DAYS. RAP MORE LIKE CRAP AMIRITE? ROCK MORE LIKE CROCK— that’s enough, old man.
OK, here are the latest goings-on in Tupelo and Lee County.
Lee County Sheriff’s Office
• A Shannon man reported someone took his 1980 Honda motorcycle and charcoal grill from his County Road 563 home.
• A Plantersville woman reported her father hasn’t been seen for a day and was last seen driving a brown 1987 Dodge Ram.
• A Mooreville woman reported some time after cleaning personnel left her home she noticed $2,000 and several bottles of medication missing.
• A County Road 115 woman reported a man knocked her taillight out and then kicked the side of her car.
Tupelo Police Department
• A man was arrested for an outstanding warrant after officers approached him because he was walking through a residential area with another man at 1 a.m.
• A woman went to the police station to report a man has been calling her all morning and accusing her of sleeping with him while he is dating her mother.
• The manager of the Sprint Mart on Briar Ridge Road reported a man came into the store and gave the cashier two counterfeit $20 bills.
• A woman went to the police station to report her daughter received threats on Facebook from her ex-husband’s girlfriend.
• A woman was arrested for attempting to shoplift from the North Gloster Street Walmart. She put a large amount of merchandise in a cart and then left holding a receipt from the previous month.
• A woman was arrested at the West Main Street Walmart for attempting to shoplift a pink and white bag.
• A man was arrested for disorderly conduct after returning to the President’s Gate apartments after police and security officers ordered him not to return.
• A woman reported her husband left his vehicle on the side of Highway 78 near the Natchez Trace because of a flat tire and returned to find someone hit and damaged the car.
• A woman was arrested for attempting to shoplift $30.46 from a West Main Street business.
• A man was arrested for two active warrants during a traffic stop at Barley Court.
• A man was arrested for being drunk in public at the Shell station on East Main Street.
• A woman was arrested for being drunk in public at a convenience store on West Jackson Street after calling police to report getting into an argument with one of the store’s workers.
• Two people were arrested for active warrants after their vehicle was stopped for loud music and a cracked windshield on South Gloster Street.
Anyone with information on any of these crimes is urged to call the Lee County Sheriff’s Office at (662) 841-9041 or Crime Stoppers at (800) 773-TIPS.