It’s a beautiful Wednesday, and a perfect time to settle in and read some police reports. Today’s theme: Broken relationships.
A longtime friendship is in jeopardy, two women were punched in the face, and one lady keeps getting harassing calls from her ex-daughter-in-law.
On the other hand, a store attendant found room in his or her heart to forgive a phone thief. There is still some good in this world, after all.
Lee County Sheriff’s Office
• A Shannon man reported he came home and noticed his back door open. He didn’t notice anything missing but thinks someone might have tried to get in.
• A North Gloster Street woman reported having a falling out with a longtime friend who has since been calling to say she is coming over.
• A Mockingbird Lane woman reported seeing a neglected dog on County Road 771.
• A Plantersville woman reported someone ran over her County Road 646 mailbox and garbage can.
Tupelo Police Department
• A Grandcove woman reported someone took her wallet.
• A man was arrested for being drunk in public after police responded to an altercation at the intersection of President and Van Buren avenues.
• A Gun Club Road woman reported someone spray-painted her driveway while she was asleep. Someone spray painted her driveway the weekend before, but she was able to scrub it off.
• A man purchased a phone at J’s Mart and when he went back to the store to return the phone, he asked to use the attendant’s personal phone. The attendant let him, and the man fled with the iPhone 5. They later swapped back, and the attendant didn’t want to press charges.
• A South Green Street man reported someone damaged his car.
• A Buchanan Street woman reported her neighbor came to her residence and hit her in the head with his fist.
• A woman reported her car was broken into and her purse stolen from the parking lot of Vanelli’s on North Gloster Street.
• A woman reported her car broken into and her purse, photos and a DirecTV receiver were stolen from it in the parking lot of Rebel Lanes.
• A woman reported getting into a fight with her boyfriend on Monument Drive, and her boyfriend hit her in the face with his fist.
• A man was arrested for DUI after being pulled over on South Gloster Street for speeding.
• A Canal Street woman reported she has received numerous harassing phone calls from her former daughter-in-law.
• Three men were arrested for disorderly conduct after attempting to flee police when they responded to a large disturbance at Barley Court.
Anyone with information on any of these crimes is urged to call the Lee County Sheriff’s Office at (662) 841-9041 or Crime Stoppers at (800) 773-TIPS.