OK, we see weird stuff on these police reports all the time, but three items today really jumped out at me. All three involve things you should avoid at all times. Those three things:
1) Buying an iPhone from a guy you meet on the street.
2) Shoplifting, in general, but especially something called Deep Throat spray; heck, don’t even buy it, you perv.
3) Recording video of the family across the street as they frolic in their yard. Looking for code violations, you say? Suuuuure. Perv.
Lee County Sheriff’s Office
• A County Road 1203 man reported a man he was renting a house to broke back into the house after moving out, damaging the doors.
• A County Road 1046 woman reported a dog showed up at her house and appears to have mange.
• A County Road 183 man reported a neighbor has a horse tied to a long rope without food and water.
• A New Albany man reported finding two people going through his things at his County Road 810 mini-storage in Tupelo.
• A Baldwyn man reported he thought he heard someone in his Highway 370 home, but officers found no sign of entry when they cleared the home.
• A Mooreville woman reported she went to check on her father’s home while he was out of town and found the shop door to be open and damaged.
Tupelo Police Department
• A man reported he was walking down Maynard Drive when a white man approached him and asked him if he wanted to by an iPhone. The man sold him the phone for $200 and he later went to J’s Mart where he found out the phone was stolen from the store clerk.
• A Bickerstaff Street woman reported a man took a lawn ornament out of her yard and threw it over her neighbor’s fence.
• A Pauline Street man reported his neighbor has been recording him and his children while they play outside. An officer spoke with the neighbor, who had a camcorder on a tripod in the doorway, pointed toward the man’s home and recording. The neighbor said he had been trying to get the man and his family in trouble for code violations since 2011.
• A woman was arrested for an active warrant when the car she was a passenger in was pulled over on West Main Street for playing loud music.
• A Moore Avenue woman reported someone threw a brick through her car window as she was trying to leave her residence.
• A woman was arrested for attempting to shoplift two Deep Throat sprays from Spencer’s and a pair of shorts from Aeropostale in The Mall at Barnes Crossing.
• A woman was arrested for attempting to shoplift $101.52 in merchandise from the West Main Street Walmart.
• A woman was arrested for an active warrant after being pulled over for texting while driving on North Gloster Street.
• A man was arrested for an active warrant after being pulled over for being a suspicious vehicle in a curfew zone and driving without a tag light.
Anyone with information on any of these crimes is urged to call the Lee County Sheriff’s Office at (662) 841-9041 or Crime Stoppers at (800) 773-TIPS.