I know, I’m posting this late. Wednesdays usually suck for me. But it’ll be worth your wait, I promise.
Lee County and Tupelo do not disappoint with today’s reports. We’ve got threats of pistol-whipping, shoplifters making lame excuses, and SOMEONE KEEPS STEALING BEER. STOP IT. Also, dude had his pants straight-up stolen from under his nose. I’ll assume he wasn’t actually wearing them at the time.
Here we go.
Lee County Sheriff’s Office
• A Shannon woman reported a woman has been calling and texting her husband, threatening to pistol-whip him. The suspect keeps driving by the woman’s house.
• A Saltillo woman reported a man in a semi-trailer turned around in her yard and tore down power lines, shutting off electricity to her home.
• A man reported a dog from a neighbor’s home attacked his sister’s dog at her County Road 373 home.
• A Lumpkin Avenue man reported a man called and told him if he didn’t leave the suspect’s daughter alone, he would end up hurt. The suspect has been calling him at work to try to get him fired.
• A County Road 1057 woman reported she came home after the tornado and found no damage in her house but the next day returned to find broken windows and rain damage.
• A Saltillo man reported his girlfriend’s brother stole tools from his County Road 1516 property.
Tupelo Police Department
• A man was arrested for driving with a suspended license after being pulled over for going 15 miles per hour over the speed limit on Coley Road.
• A man was arrested for driving with a suspended license after he was pulled over on South Gloster Street for his passengers not wearing seat belts.
• A man was arrested for attempting to shoplift four fishing lures from Scruggs. He told officials he placed them in his pocket when he took a phone call and then forgot about them when he was purchasing other items.
• A woman was arrested for attempting to shoplift two packages of meat from Todd’s Big Star.
• A woman was arrested for attempting to steal Zebra Ballerina Shoes, valued at $34.99, from Scruggs.
• A man was arrested for driving with a suspended license after being pulled over for loud music on Court Street.
• A man was arrested for driving with a suspended license and without insurance after being stopped at a safety checkpoint on Willie Moore Road. His passenger was arrested for contempt of court.
• A woman was arrested for presenting a fraudulent insurance statement at the Tupelo Municipal Court in lieu of paying a fine for driving without insurance.
• A Chopstix employee reported a delivery truck backed into the business’s walk-in cooler, causing dents.
• A Sprint Mart manager reported a man stole two cases of Bud Light, valued at $36, and fled in a blue Jeep Cherokee.
• A Lawndale man reported a woman took his pants, which contained his wallet, cell phone and class ring, and ran out the door.
• A Skylark Circle woman reported the back glass was broken out of her Chevy Tahoe.
• A North Madison Street woman reported someone stole $490 from her purse.
• A woman was arrested for attempting to shoplift $110.88 in goods from the West Main Street Walmart.
• A woman reported someone stole her phone while at the North Gloster Street Walmart. She said the phone has been shown on Mill Street in Guntown and at The Mall at Barnes Crossing.
• An Indian Village Lane woman reported some of the neighborhood kids said a Johnson Heights Drive man exposed himself to them and threatened them. The man told the responding officer he had not been outside but has previously told the children not to play on his property.
• A woman left her 2-year-old in the car while she went to quickly purchase an item at Todd’s Big Star on West Main Street. The 2-year-old activated the gear shift, causing the car to strike another car parked in the lot. Todd’s employees reported the car had been there for several months and the owner is unknown.
Anyone with information on any of these crimes is urged to call the Lee County Sheriff’s Office at (662) 841-9041 or Crime Stoppers at (800) 773-TIPS.