WHY IS EVERYONE IN LEE COUNTY SO ANGRY? AND WHY AM I SHOUTING? Must be their anger rubbin’ off on me.
Seriously, lots of angst in today’s batch of police reports, most of it coming from the Lee County entries. Got people making threats, spitting in other people’s faces, knocking teeth out, kicking in doors. What’s eatin’ y’all? Not even the hottest time of year yet.
I think everybody needs to grab a beer, turn on some Patsy Cline, and just chill for a bit. Too much drama.
On second thought, it’s entertaining as hell to read about it, so do what you want.
Lee County Sheriff’s Office
• A County Road 185 man reported three white men in an SUV drove by him at Kelly’s Grocery multiple times threatening to kill him.
• A County Road 783 man reported he noticed a white Chevrolet Impala stopped at his mailbox and sat for a while before speeding off.
• A County Road 506 woman reported being followed home by three females who yelled at her through the door and called her phone constantly.
• A County Road 1 man reported a woman has been harassing him and making false reports against him.
• A Booneville woman reported she went to Drive 2020 to retrieve a lawnmower for her rental company, one the renter had failed to pay for. The man spit in her face and told her he would kick the windows out of her vehicle.
• A County Road 1766 man reported a man came to his house looking for his daughter. He said he didn’t know where his daughter was when the suspect punched him in the face and knocked his two front teeth out, saying, “You had that coming.”
• A County Road 219 woman reported she heard tapping on her door. When she looked out she was a black man in a gray shirt and a white hat. He left but returned. When she didn’t open, he backed up to the door and attempted to kick it in.
• A Shannon woman reported two women have been harassing her through phone messages and Facebook posts.
• A County Road 151 man reported his landlord came to his house and beat on the door. When he opened the door the landlord yelled and threatened to kick him out if he didn’t pick up trash in his yard.
Tupelo Police Department
• A woman reported her bar code scanner missing after the tornado.
• Two women were arrested at the West Main Street Walmart for attempting to steal a $9.97 swim suit.
• A woman found a wallet at Taco Bell but was uncomfortable leaving it with someone, so she reported it to the police.
• A man was arrested for driving without a license or insurance and an active warrant after being pulled over for driving his motorcycle on North Gloster Street with no tag and blue neon lights.
• A man reported his black Windows phone missing from the Red Shield Lodge.
• A woman was arrested for an active warrant after being pulled over on Ida Street for having a tag bracket covering the license plate.
• A Sam’s employee reported a woman has been shoplifting from the store. She was described as a heavy-set black woman of average height with a tall slender black man accompanying her. She allegedly took 12 Kit-Kat candy bars and perfume.
• A woman reported leaving her phone with her children in her car on Briar Ridge Road while she ran into Magnolia BBQ. When she returned to her car the phone was gone and suspected some men in the parking lot took it.
Anyone with information on any of these crimes is urged to call the Lee County Sheriff’s Office at (662) 841-9041 or Crime Stoppers at (800) 773-TIPS.