It’s that time of year. Flowers are blooming, grass is growing, and people are stealing lawn mowers. And just acting crazy in general.
One of my favorites today is the guy who knocked on a lady’s door and said he was with security. Security for who? Didn’t say, apparently. The lady threatened to call the police. He advised her not to. Yeah, seems legit.
We have lots of reports today, what with it having been Memorial weekend. Enjoy.
Lee County Sheriff’s Office
• A County Road 1562 man reported getting into an argument with a woman over some money. He reported owing the woman’s mother $100, but the suspect took $112.
• A County Road 681 woman reported someone took her Troy Built push lawn mower.
• A County Road 2346 woman reported someone took a bundle of tin from the edge of her property.
• A Birmingham Ridge Road woman reported a man has been trespassing on her property and causing property damage.
• A County Road 931 woman reported she got into a fight with a man over money and decided to leave for the night.
• An Amory woman reported someone vandalized the front window, interior walls, side window, mirror and front door of her County Road 821 residence in Saltillo.
• A County Road 1451 man reported he was mowing his yard and his neighbor’s dog bit him.
• A County Road 503 man reported someone kicked in the back door of his cabin but nothing was missing. He said someone had been sleeping on the couch.
• A County Road 2578 man reported his wife started an argument, and he asked her to leave the property.
• A County Road 506 man reported his girlfriend and her parents came to his house to try to take their child.
• A County Road 1057 man reported another man, who was staying with him, took $55.
• A Mitchell Road woman reported a man knocked on her door and told her to open up because he’s security. She told him she was going to call the police and he told her not to.
• A County Road 1057 man reported she was awakened by the sound of the front door screen rattling.
• A Garrison Drive man reported his stepson’s grandmother’s daughter came to his house and began arguing with him over their vehicles. He asked her to leave, and she refused.
• A Cove Lane woman reported her daughter left home last Tuesday around 7 a.m. in her 1996 Buick Skylark with a man. She hasn’t seen her since.
• A Birmingham Ridge Road woman reported she has been having problems with her neighbor over a property line dispute.
• A County Road 2578 man reported his girlfriend’s ex-boyfriend came to his house and the two yelled at each other through the door. The ex-boyfriend kicked the door in and then left.
• A Shannon man reported his uncle came to his property while he was at work and took some of his things.
• A Nettleton woman reported her kitchen window was broken out and someone took a leaf blower and two extension cords from her carport.
• A County Road 521 woman reported a man borrowed her lawn mower and said he would return it in an hour. The mower was never returned.
• A Shannon man reported someone knocked over his mailbox on County Road 600.
• A Mantachie woman reported she went to get her children from her ex-husband. She asked for money for the kids, and the man went into his County Road 2790 home and a woman came out, throwing money into the car, cursing and hitting her.
• A County Road 2790 woman reported the woman in the previous report started a verbal argument, cursing at her and then asking for money. She then hit the woman.
• A Nettleton woman reported someone broke into her home, broke out her bathroom window and took a laptop, pain medication, a safe containing cash and jewelry.
• A County Road 1349 man reported his neighbor has three dogs that come into his yard. The dogs have shown signs of aggression toward him and have torn up some of his property in the past.
• A County Road 999 woman reported she got into an argument with a man at her residence. She gathered her belongings and left afterward.
• A Shannon woman reported a pit bull came onto her County Road 771 property and killed her yorkie.
• A Tupelo man reported he went with his mother to her ex-boyfriend’s County Road 295 house to gather her belongings. The ex-boyfriend yelled at his mother and busted the man’s nose.
• A Mooreville woman reported someone rang her doorbell, but she didn’t answer because she wasn’t expecting anyone. Later she noticed a gang sign spray-painted on her neighbor’s garbage can.
• An Okolona man reported a large pot hole on Highway 45 south of Brewer damaged his vehicle.
• A Guntown woman reported she was riding past a neighbor’s house when the neighbor’s dog ran out from behind the house and bit her on the bottom of her right leg.
• A Shannon woman reported a woman threatened to harm her with a brick.
• A Nettleton woman reported another woman has been sending her threatening text messages.
• A Guntown man reported his dog missing. A neighbor said the dog was shot and dumped in a field.
Tupelo Police Department
• A man was arrested for an active warrant, driving without a license, driving without insurance and DUI at a County Road 814 checkpoint.
• A Houston Street man reported another man was banging on his door and screaming to be let in. The man was arrested for being drunk in public.
• A woman was arrested for attempting to steal storm-damaged an household items on James Street.
• A woman was arrested for attempting to stead flea and tick spray and eye shadow from the Dollar General on East Main Street.
• A Danco’s Rentals employee reported one of their vans had a busted window on the passenger’s side.
• A Barnes Crossing woman reported another woman has been making false reports against her. Her children and the other woman’s children share the same father. She said the woman has reported she is driving drunk when she isn’t and the woman has had a problem with her for a long time.
• A man reported his daughter’s iPhone 4 was taken from his Kia Optima in the Best Western parking lot. The car was left unlocked.
• A man reported his laptop taken from his vehicle in the Best Western parking lot. The car was left unlocked.
• A man reported his rental vehicle was keyed while parked at the Baymont Inn.
• A woman reported her cell phone stolen from the West Main Street Walmart.
• A man reported he was waiting in his car on the side of Walley drive when a man with a bat ran to his car, jumped on top of it and then began hitting him in the arm with the bat.
• A Harvester’s Square woman reported a Club House Way woman has been letting her dog run around the neighborhood without a leash and the dog is aggressive to others.
• A woman reported someone left a note on her car while she was in the mall advising a man had been inside the car going through the items. The person who left the note works at Journey’s shoe store. Nothing was missing from the car.
• A James Street woman reported another woman stole flower from her pots.
• A man was arrested for disorderly conduct after officers responded to a large fight on Monument Drive. When everyone was ordered to leave the man continued to shout profanities.
Anyone with information on any of these crimes is urged to call the Lee County Sheriff’s Office at (662) 841-9041 or Crime Stoppers at (800) 773-TIPS.