• TUPELO - The Oren Dunn City Museum will feature until Saturday an quilt exhibit, "Tupelo Quilt Connection: A Quilt Is ..." The display includes interpretive history of Depression-era quilts, string quilts and more. Museum hours are 9 a.m. until 5 p.m. Monday to Saturday. Admission is $3 adults; $2 seniors; and $1.50 ages 3 to 12. (662) 841-6438 or visit orendunnmuseum.org.
• OXFORD - The work of William Dunlap and Rod Moorhead will be displayed at Southside Gallery through Nov. 27. (662) 234-9090.
Holly Jolly Art Affair
• NEW ALBANY - Tallahatchie Arts Council's annual art sale and fundraiser will be from 1:30 to 4:30 p.m. today at the Creative Union Studio and Workshop, 107 B East Bankhead. (662) 316-2689.
• TUPELO - The Tupelo Automobile Museum will feature a special exhibit, "Late, Great Chevys," through Saturday, Nov. 27. Museum hours for exhibit will be 10 a.m. until 5 p.m. Tuesday through Saturday, and noon until 5 p.m. Sunday. (662) 842-4242 or www.tupeloauto.com.
• FULTON - An exhibit on Mississippi native William Grant Still, known as the dean of African-American composers, will be on display through Nov. 30 in the Learning Resource Center at the Itawamba Community College campus. The exhibit is part of the Mississippi Department of Archives and History's traveling exhibits program. Hours are 8 a.m. until 9 p.m. Monday through Thursday; 8 a.m. until 4:30 p.m. Friday; and 4 until 8 p.m. Sunday. Free. (662) 862-8383.
• TUPELO - Tracy Savery Davis exhibit will be on display through Friday, Dec. 24 at the GumTree Museum of Art. (662) 844-2787.
• HOULKA - The Mighty Gospel Warriors Homecoming will begin at 6 p.m. today at the Houlka Community Center. Featuring The Reel Brothers, Redemption, Revised, Adoration, New Creation, True Voices of Faith and more. $10 at door; $5 children 6 to 12. (662) 489-8582.
• RIPLEY - Suellen Estes will sign copies of her new book, "Forever Upward: A Mother's Journey Through Prayer," from 1 until 4 p.m. today at the Tippah County Historical Museum, 106 N. Siddall St. No admission fee. (662) 512-0099.
• TUPELO - Tupelo Garden Club amp& Jody's will host Holiday Design Show, featuring Ralph Null, at 1 p.m. and 7 p.m. Tuesday at All Saints' Episcopal Church. Tickets are $10 from any Tupelo Garden Club member or from Flowerdale Marketplace, Jody's, Keep It Casual, Philips Garden Center, Mid-South Nursery and Garden Center and Reed's. (662) 842-4101 or 841-1746.
'Beauty and Beast'
• MOOREVILLE - Mooreville High Theatre Arts will present "Beauty and the Beast" at 7 p.m. Tuesday in the Mooreville High gym. $5 adults; $2 children. (662) 842-6859.
• NEW ALBANY - Square Books of Oxford will preview the latest in books and bestsellers at noon Tuesday at the Union County Library.
Networking at Noon
• TUPELO - Cellular South Networking at Noon will be from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Tuesday at the BancorpSouth Conference Center. Speaker will be Delbert Hoseman, Mississippi's Secretary of State. Tickets are $10. Reservations strongly recommended. (662) 841-6598, email@example.com.
• FULTON - The Itawamba Community College Division of Fine Arts will present "Dearly Beloved," a dinner theater in two acts by Jessie Jones, Nicholas Hope and Jamie Wooten, on Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday in the banquet rooms of the Student Services Building on the ICC campus. Dinner begins at 6 p.m.; the show begins at 7:30 p.m. Tickets are $13 each. Limited seating. Reservations at (662) 862-8205.
• TUPELO - Danny McKenzie will review his book "The Egg Bowl: Mississippi State vs. Ole Miss, Second Edition," at noon Wednesday at the Lee County Library for Lunching With Books.
• TAYLOR - Walt Grayson will promote his latest book "Oh, That Reminds Me: More Homegrown Mississippi Stories" at 3 p.m. Wednesday at the Old Taylor Antiques. (662) 202-2641.
• TUPELO - Children's Librarians David and Carolyn will present Story Time at 10 a.m. Thursday at the Lee County Library. (662) 841-9029.
• TUPELO - Adult Exercise Class will begin at 1:30 p.m. Thursday at the Lee County Library. (662) 841-9029.
• TUPELO - Trunk Show and artist demonstration by potter Helene Fielder will be from 2 until 6 p.m. Thursday at the Caron Gallery. Free. (662) 205-0351 or www.thecarongallery.com.
• TUPELO - Pied Piper Playhouse will present the musical "'Twas the Night Before Christmas" at 7 p.m. Friday and Saturday, and at 2 p.m. Sunday, Nov. 21 in Milam School auditorium. Tickets are $5 adults; $3 students. (662) 869-3728 or 346-3899.
• AMORY - A Holiday Market will be held at the Windows, Amory's new cultural and performing arts center in the former First Christian Church at 3rd Street and 3rd Ave. N. from 10 a.m. until 8 p.m. Friday and Saturday, and from 1 until 5 p.m. Sunday, Nov. 21. (662) 640-5390 or 315-0463.
Holiday gift show
• OKOLONA - The annual Lanier Club Holiday Gift Show will be 9:30 a.m. until 5:30 p.m. Saturday at the Hancock House, 112 Prairie St. Arts and crafts booths featuring jewelry, handbags, art work, pottery, baked goods and more. Also, visit the Annual Gourmet Food Show at the Word family home, hosted by Jane Allen Thompson. Free admission to both events, but donations of canned goods welcomed. (662) 678-6265 or 447-5890.
• EUPORA - Pre-Thanksgiving Gospel Gala, "Count Your Blessings," will begin at 6:30 p.m. Saturday at the National Guard Armory, 2135 West Roane, featuring Golden Gates, Aires of Joy, True Voices of Faith, Spiritual Harmoneers and more. Admission is $10; $5 for children 6-12; 5 and younger free. (662) 542-6956 or 417-2168.
• TUPELO - North Mississippi Dulcimer Association will perform dulcimer music from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturday at the Natchez Trace Parkway Visitors Center at Tupelo. Free. (662) 680-4027, (800) 305-7417.
And more ...
• For more listings of area entertainment, museums, parks and other things to do, read the Scene section each Thursday and check the community calendar at NEMS360.com. For a listing of daily events, see Page 3A in each day's Journal.
Lee County Schools
Menus for Nov. 15-19
• Monday: Chicken tenders, turkey and cheese wrap, or chef salad; mashed potatoes or tossed salad with dressing; chilled fruit or fresh fruit; biscuits; milk.
• Tuesday: Beef-a-roni, corn dog or chef salad; green beans or spicy fries; chilled fruit or fresh fruit; Texas toast; banana pudding; milk.
• Wednesday: Crispy chicken sandwich on whole wheat bun, chips, fresh fruit or fruit juice, milk.
• Thursday: Vegetable beef soup with grilled cheese, hamburger on whole wheat bun, or chef salad; french fries or raw vegetables with dip; chilled fruit or fresh fruit cup; milk.
• Friday: Stuffed crust pizza, chicken salad wrap, or deli tray; tossed salad with dressing or corn on the cob; chilled fruit or fresh fruit; chocolate chip cookie; milk.
Tupelo Public Schools
Menus for Nov. 15-19
• Monday: Lasagna Italiano with whole wheat roll or chicken fajita nachos; seasoned green beans and ham or seasoned pinto beans; fresh orange smiles or fruit juice; chocolate chip cookie; milk.
• Tuesday: Crispy baked chicken nuggets or whole wheat grilled cheese sandwich with vegetable beef soup; creamed potatoes with gravy or vegetable beef soup; yeast roll; rosey applesauce or fruit juice; milk.
• Wednesday: Whole grain pepperoni or cheese pizza, or grilled chicken sandwich; seasoned green peas and carrots, or ranch quick baked potato; fruit juice or fruit freeze; milk.
• Thursday: Roast turkey and gravy with cornbread dressing, cranberry sauce, sweet potato soufflampé, cheesy broccoli bites, yeast roll, mixed fruit ambrosia salad or fruit juice, banana pudding and milk.
• Friday: Hamburger or cheeseburger, baked chips, baby carrots with ranch dip, fresh apple and orange wedges or fruit juice, and milk.