Here is the official policy from the mall:
n The policy is in effect for the entire mall except for stores with exterior entrances. In addition, this policy does not apply to Cinemark Movies 8. Unsupervised shoppers 16 years of age and under will not be allowed to congregate in the mall parking lot.
1. Barnes Crossing visitors 16 years of age or younger are required to be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian 21 years or older at all times on Friday and Saturday evenings after 7 p.m.
2. Security will begin monitoring those entering the property at 7 p.m. on Friday and Saturday evenings.
3. Unescorted youth shopping prior to 7 p.m. on Friday and Saturday evenings must leave the property by 7 p.m. or be joined by a parent or guardian.
4. Unescorted youth will be asked to leave the property after 7 p.m. on Fridays and Saturdays.
5. Individuals without personal transportation on Friday or Saturday night must schedule their departure time to ensure compliance with the Youth Escort Policy.
6. Any person violating the posted Youth Escort Policy or Code of Conduct will be asked to leave the property.
7. Individuals in violation of the Youth Escort Policy or the Code of Conduct who refuse to leave the property when requested to do so by mall security officers may be prosecuted for trespassing. Local law enforcement is aware of these policies and is prepared to respond.
8. Proof of age will be required if the age of the youth and/or parent(s) or guardian(s) is not easily determined. Those whose age cannot be determined and who lack identification will be asked to leave the property.
9. Anyone appearing to be 16 years or younger should be prepared to show valid identification (with picture and date of birth). Acceptable identification include a driver's license, state or military identification card, passport or visa.
10. Youth 16 years of age and younger working on property will be allowed access. Proof of work status will be required, and youth employees must go directly to the place of employment if after 7 p.m. on Friday and/or Saturday evenings.
11. A parent or legal guardian, over 21 years of age, may escort his/her children. Additionally, one parent or guardian over 21 years of age may escort up to 3 youths, at least one of which must be the child of the parent or guardian. The parent(s) or legal guardian must remain with the children the entire time they are shopping.
12. Parents or guardians are accountable for the actions of the youth they escort.
13. If an escorted youth is banned from the center, the adult escort could be banned for the same period of time.
14. Barnes Crossing security personnel are responsible for enforcing this policy and related procedures.
15. Barnes Crossing Youth Escort Policy is posted at all mall entrances.
16. A parent/child reunion area will be provided for those 16 and under to await arrival of their parents. A phone is available at no charge so they can call for a ride.